Thread: Nova Freedom?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Nova Freedom?

I am thinking of selling both my pcp's and diving cylinder to buy a new Nova Freedom in 5.5. I only need one PCP for PC and will not do much target shooting so the constant pumping will not bother me at all.
    But I have some concerns or questions before I buy.
    1. Apparently this gun can start leaking quite easily. Due to a o-ring on the built-in pump. Some said that happens only when you pump at a fast rate and it heats up a lot, not when you just top it up after a shot or 2 and keep the pressure below 2600psi.
    2. Moisture. So how does this rifle make sure no moisture gets in the pressure tank? With a hand pump etc the moisture can be drained, but not on this rifle? How dangerous can this be over time?
    3. Spares availability and ease of service. Can all of the airguns guros easily fix the rifle if something goes wrong, especially with the built in pump?
    4. If the rifle is too loud for my liking, can a silencer be fitted to the shrouded barrel?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I don't know the Nova but I had a FX Independence. Same idea of PCP shooting with a built in pump. It never leaked. Very good concept and engineering. Have a look at it as an alternative.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CarlEgmont View Post
    I don't know the Nova but I had a FX Independence. Same idea of PCP shooting with a built in pump. It never leaked. Very good concept and engineering. Have a look at it as an alternative.
    I would love the Independence. But it's a bit too expensive for me at this time.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Check the secondhand market. FX do not make them anymore. They appear from time to time.

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyCal View Post
    I am thinking of selling both my pcp's and diving cylinder to buy a new Nova Freedom in 5.5. I only need one PCP for PC and will not do much target shooting so the constant pumping will not bother me at all.
    But I have some concerns or questions before I buy.

3. Spares availability and ease of service. Can all of the airguns guros easily fix the rifle if something goes wrong, especially with the built in pump?
    This would be your biggest concern. From what I have seen more than few of these airguns are returned due to "frozen" pumps and there does not appear to be pump rebuild/repair kits available. You have read Peet's review, perhaps ask him if he still has it and if it is still performing to expectations after almost a year.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    This would be your biggest concern. From what I have seen more than few of these airguns are returned due to "frozen" pumps and there does not appear to be pump rebuild/repair kits available. You have read Peet's review, perhaps ask him if he still has it and if it is still performing to expectations after almost a year.
    Thanks. I have read that. He really thought it's a great rifle. I see he is very inactive on the forum, but I will send him a message and hold thumbs that he will respond.