This is my first post. I know there are a gazillion threads about newbies and first purchases, but I have provided quite a bit of info regarding what I want and tend to use for. I have been browsing the forum for quite some time. I currently own a semi-modified Artemis CP1. It's time to enter the PCP arena and need advice.
What I want/need in a rifle/bullpup:
- Good power
- 4.5 or 5.5 Have not decided yet
- Bullpup or Carbine (looking for a compact gun)
- Will mostly be used for target shooting/plinking
- Must be accurate
- Buget: Below R10 000 (am I asking too much for the price point?)
- Must be able to quiet down for occasional backyard plinking
I used to go to the shooting range quite often, but it has become a very expensive hobby. The freedom and cost effectiveness that comes with air rifles attracted my attention. I always wanted to try my hand at precision shooting.
I have looked at the following:
- Artemis P15 Bullpup (don't like the fact that it is made in china and people report quite a few issues)
- Kral Puncher Breaker (tend to get better reviews than P15 but also have few issues)
- BSA Multishot Tactical