Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Will the scope last?

  1. #1
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default Will the scope last?

    I recently bought a powerfull 850fps Springer on the forum. It's a Xisico XS46U. It's kick is much less than expected perhaps because it's so heavy.
    Since my PCP rifle is leaking I want to for now borrow it's scope to put on the springer. The scope is a Leapers 3-12x44. It's just been great and it held it's zero for years. Really its been just perfect. Will I break it by mounting it on this springer?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The suspense is killing me.
    Nobody is willing to wager an opinion.
    Only one way to find out.
    It's up to you now ....
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    TwentyCal,
    Clear your inbox, you can't get new messages until you do
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Done so. Thanks.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

    SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    An eternal question that is only answered when you buy a new scope.



    Ask yourself this question - 'Is the RIFLE scope rated?'

    If it's magnum rifle, chances are that it is not. Most magnum rifles come with open sights for a reason.

    If it's a CHEAP magnum rifle, all bets are off.


    Good luck. Keep us posted.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    As quoted by the bludster, "most magnum rifles come with open sights for a reason"
    and this is mainly to stop centrefire riflemen from joining the halfmoon brigade
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    First thing I would do is get it to a good gun smith and have it tuned properly, it will bring down the recoil even more.
    then you should be safe.
    I have scopes on all my rifles mugnum or not, and still have to breakone.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    An eternal question that is only answered when you buy a new scope.



    Ask yourself this question - 'Is the RIFLE scope rated?'

    If it's magnum rifle, chances are that it is not. Most magnum rifles come with open sights for a reason.

    If it's a CHEAP magnum rifle, all bets are off.


    Good luck. Keep us posted.
    I decided to not take the chance.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

    SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuberboef View Post
    First thing I would do is get it to a good gun smith and have it tuned properly, it will bring down the recoil even more.
    then you should be safe.
    I have scopes on all my rifles mugnum or not, and still have to breakone.

    Erm.... you actually need to SHOOT the rifles in order to break the scopes... or have I got it wrong?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The Leapers scopes are bullet proof, but cheap springers can brake anything. Most probably it will hold, but.......
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '19
    The Sultan of Spring 2019

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I would say mount it. Like Cor said they are strong scopes..
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    Erm.... you actually need to SHOOT the rifles in order to break the scopes... or have I got it wrong?
    I actually shoot regularly these days, just not at NC.
    You welcome to join me some time.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  14. #14
    Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

    SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    I would say mount it. Like Cor said they are strong scopes..

    Yip.... You'll mount ANYTHING! Or am I wrong?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  15. #15
    Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '19
    The Sultan of Spring 2019

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    Yip.... You'll mount ANYTHING! Or am I wrong?

    Jip. Including YOU
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. Scope manufacturer in the US seeking YOUR Field Target 'dream scope' specs.
    By JasonGoldsmith in forum Optics | Sighting | Illumination
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-06-13, 01:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA