Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: steyr factory

  1. #1
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default steyr factory





































































































































































































    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thats cool, I hope you didn't take those pics...
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Protea FT Team '09/'10

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Any available position over there?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    i found those pic from another forum...


    from the photos... the steyr factory's setup is far less sophisticated than i thought.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I would like to be their test driver. for free
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Protea FT Team '08

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I cant believ they are still using those old Maho machines.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Does not look too big a set up. They must outsource everything in manufacturing or they have more facilities.
    How big is the company?
    Interesting to see the use moving targets in testing (on four legs!)
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I dont think they outsource to much. They dont build a 100 steyers a day
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Cor, it looks like the quality of the product creates legends and misperceptions on the size.
    They must outsource stocks, barrels, pressed and difficult parts at least. As Allan notices, maybe they only manufacture non critical items with old machines. With small volumes, that is the best way to go anyway. Your strengths are in the design and the quality (specs, materials, tolerances, testing on moving dogs, etc ).
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YANNIS View Post
    ... With small volumes, that is the best way to go anyway....
    Now that I think about it, even car manufacturers go this way aren't they?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    REP: Oom A's Airguns

    User Info Menu

    Default

    They use Lothar Walther barrels and are 51 % owned by Anschutz with the other 49% owned by management. Guess Anschutz could make most of the CNC parts. Why duplicate assets and add to overheads.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think its quite advanced personally, perhaps technically it is not, but every rifle hand made and tested, sounds like good quality to me! (if you have the right staff I guess...)
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think the HW factory looks like a dump compared to Steyr
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  14. #14
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I love the products that come out of that dump.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  15. #15
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Sure dude, the toys are wonderful but from the photo's I saw the cleaning lady pulled a sicky on the day the shots were taken, cant fault the merchandise
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. Air Arms Factory
    By Importer in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-10-15, 09:20
  2. Ripley's factory
    By JTK in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-03-10, 14:45
  3. Rifle stock factory
    By NJHS in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-09, 12:57
  4. News from the Diana factory
    By guido in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-09, 20:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA