Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Springer

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Best Springer

In your humble opinion, what is the best springer available today?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Air Arms Pro-Sport just got one Awesome, hardly any recoil and solid as a rock, excellent workmanship on the stock and working parts(I sound like a pro, but it is really awesome next to my Gamo)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My short list would be: Air Arms TX200, Air Arms Pro-Sport and Weihrauch HW97K - but as a newbie I wouldn't take that as an expert opinion! There are probably plenty of others worth looking at (Diana, Gamo etc).

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Off course I'm gonna say a tuned HW97k, for sure!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Air Arms TX200 is better than the Hw97k out the box.I have both and if I had to choose only one it would be the TX200. The Pro-Sport is better than both but costs a lot more.It all comes down to what you want to spend.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would go for the HW97

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hw80k or hw90k both shoulder well and balance very well aswell, under levers can be heavy and front heavy ,, Pro-Sport yes please with the rosewood caps and all

REP: Oom A's Airguns

User Info Menu

Underleavers are generally heavier than break barrels but they feel as if they recoil less and muzzle flip is greatly reduced. Muzzle drop has to be avoided though. Also better for scope mounting as you do not have to pray that the barrel closes in line with the scopes line of sight. Takes a while, but anything that hinges does eventually wear.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

A v-glided HW97K on a dark, freshly waxed, GinB FT03 stock, with a well maintained barrel finishing, supporting a leapers A/S 8-32x56 (or equivalent) with the proper wheel, loaded with JSB exacts 4.52.
    Last edited by YANNIS; 02-08-08 at 23:02.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

.... or alternatively (almost) any gun in the hands of a real shooter!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I would say the one that you shoot the best with.The point of shooting is after all accuracy. The best one you can afford of course...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by craigb View Post
    Air Arms TX200 is better than the Hw97k out the box.I have both and if I had to choose only one it would be the TX200. The Pro-Sport is better than both but costs a lot more.It all comes down to what you want to spend.
    Craig, why do you prefer the TX200 over the HW97K? What differences come out most to your mind when you compare both of them?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What i dont undertand is why the TX200,Pro-Sport and HW97 dont have open sights for that reason i will never purchase either.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The 97k in .20 is a great rifle, but for some reason the .177 sucks. Daai ding is rou. Hoekom koop mens iets wat jy soveel geld op moet spandeer om dit OK te kry. Koop eerder 'n TX200 en dan het jy van die begin af 'n lekker geweer. Die TX200 is in elk geval nog R500 goedkoper ook. Die ouens wat praat oor 'n "tuned" 97k het duidelik nog nie 'n "tuned" TX200 geskiet nie.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swordfish. The stock is much better on the TX200 BUT THE BIG THING IS the the TX200 is much smoother when fired and I feel is also more accurate.The 97k has a better trigger but I think this is the only thing that is better in my opion.I think Weihrach should improve there spring ect like Air Arms have.There is no need to put a kit into a TX200 but in a 97K there is. This makes the TX200 better out the box.I will put a kit in my 97k then let you know what I think but this now makes the HW97k much more expensive.