Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scopes with less than 10 yards parallax adjustment.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
    Yes if u change the parallax poi will change on 2nd focal plane scopes. First focal plane it doesn't. If memory serves me right
    Bollocks! Your memory serves you wrong.

If there is a change of POI when setting the parallax then the scope is either cheap kak, or if it is something of quality, then it is faulty.

The 2mm at 100 metres mentioned above is minimal and with the best will in the world is a suspect bit of measuring whether by marksmanship or collimator.

Now going to the point regarding 1st FFP and 2nd FFP scopes, the POI does not shift due to setting the parallax adjustment.

What does alter is aiming points on the second focal plane reticle, FFP reticles maintain their relative subtensions.
    Last edited by Dale; 04-09-19 at 14:42.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyCal View Post
    True lol, but I only have 9 meters indoors. I also do want to take very precise shots at say 5 meters. With a scope like the bugbuster you can rangefind at these small distances. Overkill? Sure yes, but I like overkill
    To be honest I doubt there will be many side focus scopes that will fit your requirements.

I would suggest you would be more likely to find a front focus scope that will come down very close, I recently acquired an old Weaver T6 that focuses down to less than 10 feet.

To be honest at 5 metres if you can't shove pellets through the same hole with a 2 or 3 mag scope, or even a set of target diopter sights you need to rethink your abilities.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    To be honest I doubt there will be many side focus scopes that will fit your requirements.

I would suggest you would be more likely to find a front focus scope that will come down very close, I recently acquired an old Weaver T6 that focuses down to less than 10 feet.

To be honest at 5 metres if you can't shove pellets through the same hole with a 2 or 3 mag scope, or even a set of target diopter sights you need to rethink your abilities.
    I agree
    That is why a Leapers 3-12X40 AO is now on my shopping list as my current no 1 choice.
    I just want to make sure this scope is not a culprit when it comes to POI shift when changing parallax settings.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Just checked my Leapers 3-12x40. although the side wheel indicates 10 yards. Things stay in focus down to 5 meters, but only on 3x magnification.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a Leapers 3-12X44. It is blurry at 8 meters. So it seems it differs from model to model.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The Leapers compact scopes are a jackpot, piss-pot situation. I have had three - two was great one was an absolute lemon.