Thread: Evanix Blizzard air leak

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Evanix Blizzard air leak

Hi Guy's,

Is been what feels like forever since I've been on the forum and even longer since I've been out with my air rifle. Hence my question, after not using my air rifle for a seriously long time I filled it with air and had the very displeasing sound of air leaking somewhere.
    After some listening it sounded like the air was coming out of the end of the barrel. So after searching an old post I had saved I found a thread of the bad quality O-rings in the Blizzard so I decided to do the change out.

I followed the guidelines and recommended O-ring sizes ( used a small amount of rubber grease ) and after resembling I still have the air leak.

I took off the cylinder and filled with a small amount of air and found the air to be coming out of a small hole just behind the thread of the cylinder ( Pointing to it with the needle ). I have attached a pic of the old -rings as well before replacing.

Can anyone help with what I might have missed or done wrong?

Regards
    Roger

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Good evening.

I am not the expert here - let's give it a go anyway.

It would seem that the main firing valve is not sealing - see the silver pin protruding.
    Depress it a couple of times and remember it is under spring and air pressure if the cylinder is filled.
    A light tap with a hammer might do. BE CAREFUL
    If lucky it might work. The idea is to get the valve seal to become flexible enough to seal again.
    Failing this unscrew the valve housing from the air cylinder undo the valve retaining nut , inspect and remedy.
    Incidentally - it would seem from the photo attached that there is one of the smaller o rings missing .
    Best of luck !!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes there is an O-ring missing. When I unscrewed the cylinder after the new O-ring replacement I found that one small one broken, I have a suspicion that the ones I bought are a little to big and don't seat nicely in the O-ring grove. I will borrow a vernier and measure the grove and get the correct one.

I did depress the firing valve a few times and heard the air come out the hole closer to the pin but when I release the pin the air comes out the " needle " hole again. I did replace the tiny O-ring on the firing valve ( not sure if that is the correct name ).

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I suspect that the Larger Nylon washer type seal is suspect - it is attached to the main valve .

The smaller O ring has the function of ensuring that no air leaks down the main valve pin - only during the firing cycle and cannot be your culprit.

Back to the drawing board ........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Any other Evanix Blizzard owners out there having had this problem? PLEASE HELP

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

The small hole is to let pressure through to the pressure gauge. It will leak there if it is not back in the block. It is supposed to be like that. Fit all the o-rings, put everything back together and test.
    The air coming out the barrel is because there is not enough pressure to keep the valve shut properly.....you need to get 50 bar into the tube before the valve will shut properly and stop leaking.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ahhhh ok, always helps chatting to someone in the know. Thanks very much for that info, I will reassemble and test.

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

don't forget to cock the rifle before the initial fill....or the air will just escape out the barrel....