Thread: Range marking sticker questions

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Range marking sticker questions

Hi there to the brains trust

I am wanting to place yardage stickers on my turret so i don't have to count clicks .

My question is with the barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, or altitude affect the accuracy of the markers to the point that they will be invalid or am i setting myself up for frustration?

I don't see me shooting further than 150m i assume that the further i stretch the legs of my rifle the greater the affect will be .

At the moment I use strelock pro and just click but would like to be able to carry one less item to the range or in the field . I could range dial and shoot .

AND GO

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I used an ordinary piece of paper, and little bit of not strong glue to put it on my turret.
    I covered this with quality see-through hockey tape. Its the tape they use to waterproof radio control boats, so water does nothing to it. It is on my scope for years now with no issues.

All your other questions, I suppose whatever is your equipment will have different answers. I keep my shooting to 100 meters and the hardest thing to control is the wind.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

"I used an ordinary piece of paper, and little bit of not strong glue to put it on my turret.
    I covered this with quality see-through hockey tape. Its the tape they use to waterproof radio control boats, so water does nothing to it. It is on my scope for years now with no issues."

i was thinking of using masking take to start and see if i like the whole process and then using little colored dots with the distance written on them if i like the setup ?

Do you find that the markings are ever out due to the weather other than wind ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I made it on excel. So I could adjust the spacings till it was perfect. I typed in the distance with a solid line running to the bottom, to basically touch the bottom marker on my scope.
    In the beginning I did get very slight POI changes. But that was with big temperature changes from summer to winter. I think I am not accurate enough to see changes when humidity etc changes.
    It took me the whole day to sort it all out, but it was worth it without a doubt. The moment, if ever my scope looses its zero, I''ll just zero it again at the zero distance, not all the distances, then remove and reset the turret.
    It should last as long as I own the combo.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I can post a photo after work if you need to see what I did. It does not look professional, but surely works professional