Thread: MaxiMathor technical help

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default MaxiMathor technical help

Hi guys

I need some technical help please?

The cocking bolt on my Walther MaximaThor 5.5mm came unscrewed and popped out at almost full cock. Naturally the firing pin being under tension "shot" forward. I screwed the bolt back in but now I'm finding it is sloppy i.e. there is no more positive click up for when I want to pull the bolt back and no positive click down to lock it in place. I can actually lift the bolt, shake the rifle and it'll return to the locked position. (I hope I've described the fault adequately)

I've looked at the internals diagram from Bagnall and Kirkwood and I can't see anything that indicates how I can repair this. Can someone please assist?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Airwarrior View Post
    Hi guys

I need some technical help please?

The cocking bolt on my Walther MaximaThor 5.5mm came unscrewed and popped out at almost full cock. Naturally the firing pin being under tension "shot" forward. I screwed the bolt back in but now I'm finding it is sloppy i.e. there is no more positive click up for when I want to pull the bolt back and no positive click down to lock it in place. I can actually lift the bolt, shake the rifle and it'll return to the locked position. (I hope I've described the fault adequately)

I've looked at the internals diagram from Bagnall and Kirkwood and I can't see anything that indicates how I can repair this. Can someone please assist?
    Best advice I can give you is to get the gun to Kevin @airvolution

Marksman

User Info Menu

I should have said that I live in PE and I'm trying to avoid having to send my rifle up to Jozi?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Try WS Swart he is in George:

WS AIRGUNS
    Cell: 083 988 1860
    Address: 2A High Street, George South, George, 6529

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thank you!