Thread: Uragan

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Uragan

Hi!
    Was wondering if anyone would be prepared to share some opinions/experiences/whatever on the Airgun Technology Uragan?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi, Me again:
    Regarding my initial question - the air rifle seems to tick many boxes, including shot count (for 5.5mm), regulated, overall length would allow the use of a moderator without getting too long, looks not too bad (??), accuracy seems OK from online reviews, etc. Not sure about build quality though - also general feel and handling.
    Any advice or comments would be appreciated !!
    Thanks !!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Uragan - Pictures worth a thousand Words ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Have a look at the above link

To answer your questions, build quality is really good with ability to change the cocking mechanism from left to right.
    The Air Arms 16 grain pellets is the 5.5mm Uragan's favorite brand, with the 15.89grain Hades a close second.
    Shot count with a 500cc carbon cylinder is more than you need for a days shooting.
    The magazine design is really good and simple to use.
    If I had to compare this to the FX Impact MK2, I would say if you like to tinker with your toys then go for the Impact, if you want a solid out of the box shot on shot gun and do not like tinkering for perfection, then buy the Uragan.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Another question please . . . .
    Which one of the next three would be the first choice (all in .22):
    Wolverine R, Edgun (long) or Uragan?
    For plinking, backyard target shooting (50 to 70m), etc.
    I know there are differences in price - but if you can have one - which one would it be?
    Thanks - for reading!
    J

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If I was buying in that budget class, I would have gone for a FX rather. They are proven and also of great quality.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

All of the above guns are also proven and have a much better reliability and out of box accuracy track record than FX. And I'm saying that owning two FX guns.

I'd say all three will treat you very well and differences/preferences will be personal.
    The edgun trigger may be slightly behind the other two - haven't tried the R5 though.
    Obviously the bullpup vs full length rifle story comes in with the wolverine vs the others too.
    Last edited by Macros; 28-09-19 at 09:50.