Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The braggers thread

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default The braggers thread

Hi all

A lot of us spend quite a bit of money on our guns, custom stocks, custom internals and so forth.
    Please post that here so we can all see and ask questions.
    Me personally?
    I have a couple that I will post as of monday

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Sportsmatch GC2 Mk3:

This rifle has not been customised in any way.

The GC2 was a late 1980's design, a collaboration between the late John Ford of Sportsmatch (yes the scope mount makers) and Gerald Cardew (author of The Airgun From Trigger To Muzzle). The designation comes from Gerald Cardew's initials - GC and 2 from it being the second prototype.

These rifles were built to be a 'Rolls Royce' of air rifles and retailed at around 850 in the late 1980's (back then an HW77 retailed for around 150).

In total there are somewhere over 300 of these rifles in existence.

They differ from most pre-charged rifles in that they use a regulated blow off valve system rather than a knock open valve.

This particular rifle is a late production model in the Mk3 format and is a delight to shoot and it can easily hold its own against today's 'race guns'.

TX200SR custom:

A .177 calibre TX200SR fitted with an NJ Custom FT stock in Hyedua.

Standard factory internals.

FWB Mod 300S Running Boar:

The rarest variant of the Mod300S is the Running Boar model, this varies from the normal 300S by not having any provision for iron sights and has a loading port cut lower to the right side of the action to aid loading with a scope in place.

Apart from stripping the old varnish and oiling the stock and fitting a rubber butt pad instead of the wooden version seen here, this has seen no other custom work as it just isn't needed.

FWB Mod 300S:

A standard Mod300S - again all that has been done to this rifle is to remove the horrendous factory varnish and oil finished the stock which has brought the superb grain out a treat.

Air Arms TX200HC custom:

This is a rather nice custom version of a TX200HC.

The internals feature a Venom Ultraglide conversion with a lightweight alloy piston (with steel load bearing areas). The trigger has been upgraded with careful polishing and fitted with a Venom trigger blade with slightly different geometry to a factory blade that wrings out the maximum leverage giving a trigger release in pcp match trigger territory.

The stock is a Custom Stocks CS800 that has been retrofitted with an adjustable cheek piece.

Since this picture was taken the Leupold/Premier MK4 32x scope has been fitted with factory standard windage and elevation knobs to replace the ugly silver alloy items seen here.

Air Arms NJR100:

At the moment the only custom bits on this are the finger knobs on the adjusters.

As an when time and finances allow I will fit a new regulator as the original factory item as fitted in this rifle is not the best design and is known to be finnicky. When these rifles are fitted with a more reliable regulator design they are superb FT guns, totally bomb proof engineering.

The Olympic trigger mechanism is as good as anything out there despite being nearly 30 years old.
    Last edited by Dale; 07-10-19 at 08:26.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Do you own all these rifles?
    It is an impressive list thank you

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Yes.

Plus a few others I haven't got decent pictures of at the moment.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Yes.

Plus a few others I haven't got decent pictures of at the moment.
    Well that is the idea of this thread, thanx

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Sportsmatch GC2 Mk3:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...8&d=1561441935

This rifle has not been customised in any way.

The GC2 was a late 1980's design, a collaboration between the late John Ford of Sportsmatch (yes the scope mount makers) and Gerald Cardew (author of The Airgun From Trigger To Muzzle). The designation comes from Gerald Cardew's initials - GC and 2 from it being the second prototype.

These rifles were built to be a 'Rolls Royce' of air rifles and retailed at around 850 in the late 1980's (back then an HW77 retailed for around 150).

In total there are somewhere over 300 of these rifles in existence.

They differ from most pre-charged rifles in that they use a regulated blow off valve system rather than a knock open valve.

This particular rifle is a late production model in the Mk3 format and is a delight to shoot and it can easily hold its own against today's 'race guns'.

TX200SR custom:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...7&d=1414998341

A .177 calibre TX200SR fitted with an NJ Custom FT stock in Hyedua.

Standard factory internals.

FWB Mod 300S Running Boar:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...3&d=1379151292

The rarest variant of the Mod300S is the RunningBoar model, this varies from the normal 300S by not having any provision for iron sights and has a loading port cut lower to the right side of the action to aid loading with a scope in place.

Apart from stripping the old varnish and oiling the stock and fitting a rubber butt pad instead of the wooden version seen here, this has seen no other custom work as it just isn't needed.

FWB Mod 300S:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...7&d=1416295881

A standard Mod300S - again all that has been done to this rifle is to remove the horrendous factory varnish and oil finished the stock which has brought the superb grain out a treat.

Air Arms TX200HC custom:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...3&d=1523948428

This is a rather nice custom version of a TX200HC.

The internals feature a Venom Ultraglide conversion with a lightweight alloy piston (with steel load bearing areas). The trigger has been upgraded with careful polishing and fitted with a Venom trigger blade with slightly different geometry to a factory blade that wrings out the maximum leverage giving a trigger release in pcp match trigger territory.

The stock is a Custom Stocks CS800 that has been retrofitted with an adjustable cheek piece.

Since this picture was taken the Leupold/Premier MK4 32x scope has been fitted with factory standard windage and elevation knobs to replace the ugly silver alloy items seen here.

Air Arms NJR100:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...8&d=1545999032

At the moment the only custom bits on this are the finger knobs on the adjusters.

As an when time and finances allow I will fit a new regulator as the original factory item as fitted in this rifle is not the best design and is known to be finnicky. When these rifles are fitted with a more reliable regulator design they are superb FT guns, totally bomb proof engineering.

The Olympic trigger mechanism is as good as anything out there despite being nearly 30 years old.
    Now that is what I call bragging! Nice!!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
    Now that is what I call bragging! Nice!!!
    I need to go get photos this weekend I have a couple too!

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Some more:

Webley Mk3, serial number 31:

First series Mk3 with the double pull (two stage) trigger. This trigger when properly adjusted is as good as an HW Rekord unit.

Air Arms RN10 (Pro-Target):

A Mk2 action, upgraded with Mk3 regulator, long export barrel and carbon fibre shroud.
    Last edited by Dale; 07-10-19 at 08:27.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Some more:

Webley Mk3, serial number 31:

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...6&d=1443080736

First series Mk3 with the double pull (two stage) trigger. This trigger when properly adjusted is as good as an HW Rekord unit.

Air Arms RN10 (Pro-Target):

https://www.airrifle.co.za/attachmen...1&d=1378276190

A Mk2 action, upgraded with Mk3 regulator, long export barrel and carbon fibre shroud.

Nice

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Really impressive!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Here are my two custom rifles the R10 has a few mods delrin piston carrier SSG device custom shroud and other additions.. the stock is not one of mine but is very nice.

The Daystate Mk4 has the stock made by me and the silencer and trigger is also one of mine.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

This is what the braggers thread is all about!

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Here are my other air rifles:

HW77, V-glided action, set back trigger, Macarri custom trigger guard and an early Custom Stocks CS800.

HW95K Luxus, action tuned by Sandwell Field Sports.

Webley Mk3 second series fitted with Parker Hale peep sight.

Top: Remington Express

Bottom: BSA Superstar, this is a Theoben custom version fitted with a gas ram, shortened barrel and Theoben slimline silencer. The ram is a sealed unit and has evidently lost pressure as the rifle is running at about 8.5 ft.lbs, but it is shooting really sweet at this power level, if it loses more pressure in time I will convert it back to spring power.

Top to bottom:

BSA Airsporter S - deluxe version of the Airsporter fitted with heavier barrel profile and walnut stock, this one dates to the mid 1980's.

BSA Airsporter Mk2.

BSA Airsporter Mk1.

Top to bottom:

Relum Tornado - this was my Dad's air rifle and the first air rifle I ever shot.

BSA Standard.

BSA Light Pattern.

HW30 Mk1, upgraded with a Rekord trigger.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Here are my air pistols:

Clockwise from top left:

Lov21 CO2 Target Pistol, this is a very basic little pistol, polymer body with steel barrel and pressure bearing parts and very basic trigger mechanism, runs of 12gm CO" capsules. Surprisingly good shooter for a cheap gun - the retail for under 100.

Feinwerkbau C25 CO2 bulk fill target pistol.

Crosman Skanaker CO2 bulk fill target pistol.

Baikal Makarov MP654K - CO2 plinking pistol, this one is made from Makarov pistol frame and slide adapted for use as an airgun.

Daisy Mod 777 single stroke target pistol.

Clockwise from top left:

Webley Mk1 Air pistol, this was my Dad's air pistol and my first air pistol.

Weihrauch HW45 - .177 twin power version, this one also came with .20 and .22 barrels.

Weihrauch HW45 - .22 single power version, this one I have owned since 1986, it is a smooth an accurate shooter.

Weihrauch HW75 - single stroke pneumatic pistol, accurate and quiet, this one is ideal for sort range indoor shooting at home on winter evenings
    Last edited by Dale; 07-10-19 at 09:10.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Dale... I would be interested to know what the monetary value of your collection is.