I recently acquired this Rinkhals break neck rifle in 0.177 in mint condition.
I was drawn to the fact that it had a South African snake name, so it must have been made locally.
Google didn't help much except for 1 or 2 obscure results, one which was on this forum.

What I now know is that it was produced by Mkonto Manufacturing, probably before their Imphi and Induna models.

It is of very robust construction. Heavy, with lots of metal in its parts. The machining and bluing is really good. The cocking effort is not too bad and everything feels really tight fitting. There's no play or looseness between the tube forks and the breach block. The cocking cycle does have a bit of grittiness about 3/4 of the way through the stroke. It is a short stroke setup in my opinion if I look at the slot length in the stock.

It came fitted with a slip on, single grub screw, silencer.

The stock seems to be beech and it too is machined very well and with enough "meat" in the forearm. The only damage to the rifle is lower corner of the butt pad.... someone bumped or bashed it too hard and a piece broke off.
Fortunately it is a standard Bisley butt pad which I can replace myself.

Two complaints about this rifle:
- The barrel + silencer is loooooong. The rifle required a 54" bag with only about a 3/4" space to spare.
- The scope dovetail is too short. With a std 1-piece, 4-screw mount, there's only approx. 1mm of usable dovetail left either side of the mount.
- Oh, and someone stripped the little grub screw in the trigger shoe, the one for adjusting the trigger pull.

The trigger (I was informed) is based on a Timney trigger design. After a few shots with the rifle this weekend to sight in the cheap 3-9x32 EG (no name brand) scope it came with, I can just say, "SUPERB". It feels quite different to a Rekord or Quattro trigger, with almost no distinguishable definite 1st to 2nd stage transition, but it is smooooth, tight, not heavy at all, and the release is a "surprise".

A few pics of the rifle.....
="Mkonto Rinkhals Spring Air Rifle"

Mkonto Rinkhals Spring Air Rifle

A while ago I asked here on the forum if anyone had any experience in stripping one of these rifles as I really want to check out its internals and service it, but I couldn't get the trigger unit and spring to come out after removing the cross pin and unwinding my spring compressor jig. I did manage to get hold of Spear on the forum, from Mkonto, and he informed me that when they built these rifles a long long time ago, they had to use a jig to push the spring and trigger into the tube.
So, I guess the issue may just be a bit of old grease and tight tolerances holding the internals tightly and 1 day is 1 day I'll attempt a disassembly again, but right now this rifle shoots so sweetly, I don't want to fiddle with anything further.

In a howling gale force Eastcape wind this Sunday, I managed to zero the scope at 20m. The took a few shots off a sand bag to check for grouping. Please ignore the 2x furthest to the right pellet holes as they were part of zeroing the scope. The orange dot sticker is a 10mm dot:

I might have turned the up/down turret too far "down" as well.

Before zeroing the scope I set up the chrony to see what it is performing like, because it felt "fast". Two of the first 5 shots I took with the rifle dieseled a bit - gave me 1045 and 1013fps.
Then the rifle started settling and gave me somewhere between 945 and 915. A further few shots with the 8.44gr JSB's and it finally gave me anything between 905 and 915 for 10x shots. Not bad. That means roughly a 15fpe rifle.

I'm so happy I found this "hen's tooth" and will hang onto this one me thinks