Thread: Daystate Regal .20

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Daystate Regal .20

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a Daystate Regal in.20 caliber. I read it is a special order item. Who in SA can I contact to order for me?

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AA177 View Post
    Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a Daystate Regal in.20 caliber. I read it is a special order item. Who in SA can I contact to order for me?
    Why do you want one in 5mm? There is nothing special about the calibre.

The effort will not be worth the reward really. Unless you simply have money to burn?

'Special Order' stuff in South Africa is a road to hell.

Marksman

User Info Menu

From what I could find out it is a good middle between the speed of the .177 and punch of the .22.
    People say good things about it.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi all,

Only person I can think of will be Rashaad, but note it is a long wait..........

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

From what I could find out it is a good middle between the speed of the .177 and punch of the .22.
    People say good things about it.
    I have tried .20 in the past and whilst it does indeed fall between .177 and .22 I didn't find it particularly outstanding.

The choice of pellets was somewhat limited, although that may have improved since I last had one, but the cost of the pellets was substantially greater than the more common calibres.

I have a .20 calibre barrel for an HW45 sitting in a drawer at home, but never use it. If it wasn't for the fact it came with an HW45 I bought, along with a spare .22 barrel as well, I would not havbe bothered making a special purchase.

.20 has its enthusiasts, but I just don't find it advantageous to my requirements.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I have tried .20 in the past and whilst it does indeed fall between .177 and .22 I didn't find it particularly outstanding.

The choice of pellets was somewhat limited, although that may have improved since I last had one, but the cost of the pellets was substantially greater than the more common calibres.

I have a .20 calibre barrel for an HW45 sitting in a drawer at home, but never use it. If it wasn't for the fact it came with an HW45 I bought, along with a spare .22 barrel as well, I would not havbe bothered making a special purchase.

.20 has its enthusiasts, but I just don't find it advantageous to my requirements.
    Indeed special exotic orders such as a Regal in .20 will not be practical
    But There are a few air rifle platforms that allow for a easy calibre change
    I have a soft spot for a .20
    and have 3 variants always available
    1) Rapid
    2) Kalibr gun Cricket
    3) Walther LGV

had a converted FAC AirArms that held my
    attention for many years

with the new heavier JSB .20 available it might just make the difference

many of the older generation airgunners in the US list the .20 as there favorite choice

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

I'm with Dogtrix on this one!

Protea FT Team '19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    The Sultan of Spring 2017

User Info Menu

Hi all,

What do you want to do / shoot with the gun?

5.0mm has its place I guess, but if the gun you get is pellet fussy, your choices are going to be limited. Both 4.5mm and 5.5mm have a world of choices when it comes to pellets. In the JSB world, the general run-of-the-mill 5.0mm pellet is 13.7gr. You get the same (well, close enough) weight pellets in 4.5mm and 5.5mm. So, while the equivalent-ish weights of 4.5 and 5.5 compared to 5.0 don't equate to exact-same performance, it's damned well close enough. And you won't be as restricted in pellet choice.

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

I also have a soft spot for the 5mm. You do get the Daystate classic in 5mm in our country aswell as some airwolfs and air rangers.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

There is a .20 AirWolf mct for sale on OLX.

.20 is a great caliber, I have two of them. My Theoben in .20 is without a doubt one of the most accurate air rifles I have owned. Still competitive in BR HV class.

Mostly it is me letting the rifle down, not the other way around.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the input guys.
    I plan to use it for vermin and target shooting.
    I am quite sold on the Huntsman Regal.
    Just don't understand why it would be an issue ordering it as special order?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Go for it !
    its such a nice classic rifle

if its what You want
    Make it happen
    it will be different from the run of the mill stuff
    Last edited by dogtrix; 30-11-19 at 21:25.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_F View Post
    5.0mm has its place I guess, but if the gun you get is pellet fussy, your choices are going to be limited. Both 4.5mm and 5.5mm have a world of choices when it comes to pellets. In the JSB world, the general run-of-the-mill 5.0mm pellet is 13.7gr. You get the same (well, close enough) weight pellets in 4.5mm and 5.5mm. So, while the equivalent-ish weights of 4.5 and 5.5 compared to 5.0 don't equate to exact-same performance, it's damned well close enough. And you won't be as restricted in pellet choice.

Totally agree with this summing up.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I was undecided regarding caliber (4.5 / 5.5) when I was in the market. Stock was limited at the time and a beautiful Air arms S510 5.0 came up and was offered to me which I took and I have always been happy with it.

Have a look in the classifieds, it is for sale..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I own a HW100 in 5mm out to 50 M its the most accurate gun I own beyond 50 m I prefer my 5,5 mm airwolf at 40 f/lbs
    Last edited by Seadog; 11-12-19 at 09:46.