Thread: Diana Original Model-6 recoilless pistol.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Diana Original Model-6 recoilless pistol.

Good evening. So I've just acquired a model 6 pistol in pretty good condition, circa may 1973. The pistol has seen very very little use over the year, but it's in need a fresh set of seals(piston seal, bumper and breach seal). Its got the GISS twin piston arraignment. All the seals are available from john knibbs. The thing is, I've never stripped one of these and I feel it might have a certain "method" to put it back together, PROPERLY!!??? Has anyone had any experience here? Any advice? Anyone that's a buff with these that wouldn't mind doing the job for me(I'd pay of course)?? If I dont get anywhere here I might even sell it on to someone willing to do the work.

Last edited by madness; 29-11-19 at 18:17.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Jaco from Extreme airguns put my Gecado model 75, it is basically a Diana, together after someone started repairing it and lost interest.. The action is very near to identical to your pistol, I am sure Jaco can service it, no problem.
    Contact Us Xtreme Airguns

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks a million guys, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be able to pull this of myself now. I'll report back when it's all done, I just need to wait for the parts to arrive.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Please keep us up to date and take a million pics as you go along. Always very interesting to follow such a project. If your pistol shoots anything like my Gecado 75 you will be amazed. There is absolutely zero recoil. I can only wish that a manufacturer will once again produce air rifle and pistols of this quality and engineering skills. These days it is all about speed and how cheep they can build it.
    Last edited by Cor; 01-12-19 at 18:38.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'll do my best to do a detailed documentation of the entire process. Thanks again guys, much appreciated

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Madness I bought the 6M last week that is in pieces with parts missing. Looks to be fairly simple mechanism. The big thing is balancing the pistons. The rear piston must be shimmed. When taking it apart ensure that you mark both piston and gears that they line up when you put it back together. I am busy with two model 60's that are also awaiting parts. Post pics that we can follow your progress. I will only get going on mine in March as i am working away from home until the end of Feb. Good Luck