Thread: Airguns and netherlands...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Airguns and netherlands...

Hi people.

this might be a little... off topic, at least for the country, but I'm looking to move to Netherlands hopefully within 5 years and I just want to know if anyone here has some experience with moving to or from the netherlands? I want to take some of my airguns with me to there (for sentimental reasons) and I'm curious about the procedures of doing so.

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

@Jan Buks

These guys can also answer your questions: Alles over luchtbuksen op Buksforum

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    @Jan Buks

These guys can also answer your questions: Alles over luchtbuksen op Buksforum
    Thanks, I'll check them out. thankfully, there seems to be an option to turn things english...

Nevermind, all stays dutch, so I cannot even register (due to things being dutch and them asking a confirmation question in dutch that I have to answer in dutch. google translate doesn't help.) nor can I reliably navigate the site.
    Last edited by Umbra; 03-12-19 at 02:09.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Try registering on the UK site Shooting The Breeze - https://shooting-the-breeze.com

I know there are a couple of regular Dutch contributors who could probably assist.

Marksman

User Info Menu

You could try contacting Krale Schietsport, they are a European Air Gun Retailer based in the Netherlands.
    https://www.krale.shop/en/contact-and-opening-hours
    Regards
    Karl

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks people, I appreciate the help

Marksman

User Info Menu

There are no regulations for your airguns. No regulations for power or caliber.

There are only regulations for everything that is a look-a-like fire-arms, so no Colt 1911 toys or CO2 look-a-like fire-arms pellet gun. In the Netherlands are all toys or airguns that look a like an excisting fire arm forbidden. For airsoft weapons they need to be a member of an airsoft association.

So you can bring your airgun 9mm cal. or bigger with 7000 Joules, Thats no problem. But don't bring your plastic fire arms look a like toy. Then you go to jail.

An other problem is the knowledge of our customs and police enforcement, they have no knowledge of our weapon laws, and like to take everything away, they think is dangerous. Then you have to go to court to get your stuff back. Maybe its better to contact the Dutch customs about importing your airguns, or let them know you come with date and info about your legal airguns.

An other question is, why the hell you want to move to the Netherlands??? To many people, too many cultures, its flat, rainy, cold and no happyness.. New rule, speed limits 100 km/h on the freeway "to save the planet" This smallest country thinks it can save the world... So please stay away!!

Regards
    Jan Buks

Our website asks an safety question only the Dutch can answer. this is to prefent a lot of foreign spammers.
    Last edited by Jan Buks; 09-12-19 at 18:08.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Buks View Post
    There are no regulations for your airguns. No regulations for power or caliber.

There are only regulations for everything that is a look-a-like fire-arms, so no Colt 1911 toys or CO2 look-a-like fire-arms pellet gun. In the Netherlands are all toys or airguns that look a like an excisting fire arm forbidden. For airsoft weapons they need to be a member of an airsoft association.

So you can bring your airgun 9mm cal. or bigger with 7000 Joules, Thats no problem. But don't bring your plastic fire arms look a like toy. Then you go to jail.

An other problem is the knowledge of our customs and police enforcement, they have no knowledge of our weapon laws, and like to take everything away, they think is dangerous. Then you have to go to court to get your stuff back. Maybe its better to contact the Dutch customs about importing your airguns, or let them know you come with date and info about your legal airguns.

An other question is, why the hell you want to move to the Netherlands??? To many people, too many cultures, its flat, rainy, cold and no happyness.. New rule, speed limits 100 km/h on the freeway "to save the planet" This smallest country thinks it can save the world... So please stay away!!

Regards
    Jan Buks

Our website asks an safety question only the Dutch can answer. this is to prefent a lot of foreign spammers.
    Mostly cos I have a friend there and I think its far better than here in south africa... and literally everyone tries to talk me out of wanting to go to america because it is "impossible" despite that I actually want to go to america if I really had to choose