Thread: Caldwell chrono connection problem

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Caldwell chrono connection problem

I'm having problems connecting my caldwell chronograph to samsung a5 phone to use the app.

The app shows the chrono is connected when I plug in the 3.5mm jack cable into the phone and chrono.

The chrono gives readings but nothing happening on the phone.

I have contacted S&O , the app developers and caldwell. No feedback or resolution.

Anyone with some advise.
    ( i have tried compatibility mode for the app with no success).

I read a 3.5mm jack to micro usb adaptor might work?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards
    Hendrik

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi Hendrik

I also have the caldwell chrono and it seems for some or other reason it does not want to work with the samsung phones. i had an unused cheap tablet that i downloaded the app to and it works (sometimes). There is a sequence to setting it up to your device and sometimes it takes a lot of starting over and trying again . When it works it gives you everything you need to know and more and with the cable being quite long you have all the data at your fingertips and not out there on the chrony where you only have the speed of the pellet you just fired off.

Most times i just set up my chrony without the connection because i don't need the frustration of getting it to work on the tablet. You may get better results seeing as i am somewhat technologically disadvantaged/impaired, or these new phones and computers just do not like me and therefore i do not like them.

Danie

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

My Caldwell works great with my Samsung phone, check cable connections, I had a problem once, and found loose wire in the connector.

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback and to Tollavanzyl for advise where to look for the solution.

On the google playstore there is comments on the app.
    I found the fix there.

On the phones settings go to apps.

Go to caldwell app.

In the app settings go to permission.

Go to microphone and make sure this is on.

Due to caldwell connecting via 3.5mm audio jack cable the data seems to use microphone input.

Easy fix and works now.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thank you Hendrik, i checked my app and the permissions was turned off. I will check to see if mine works as soon as i am home again.

Danie