Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: So you want to import an air rifle:

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks. More specifically what to do or not to bring one in? Export permit from UK ? I assume put it into the hold and not disclose it to SA customs if you can? If questioned then it's a gift and disclose the lowest possible amount? Say its second hand and leave the packaging behind?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Something like that. Wrap it as a gift.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks. So no biggie, it's not a prohibited item and won't be confiscated if she gets unlucky with a random search.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi, I am new to the group. I recently wanted to buy this beauty from the US... John Wayne Colt Peacemaker BB Revolver, Weathered, .177 cal | Airgun Depot
    I did not know that I would need a licence or permit, so it was stopped at the FedEx depot in the UK, and returned to the supplier. So that said... surely there is someone or some companies in SA that could import a revolver like this? I don't mind paying more than what I would have directly from Airgun Depot. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guava View Post
    Hi, I am new to the group. I recently wanted to buy this beauty from the US... John Wayne Colt Peacemaker BB Revolver, Weathered, .177 cal | Airgun Depot
    I did not know that I would need a licence or permit, so it was stopped at the FedEx depot in the UK, and returned to the supplier. So that said... surely there is someone or some companies in SA that could import a revolver like this? I don't mind paying more than what I would have directly from Airgun Depot. Hope someone can help. Thanks

You do not need a firearms licence for that item but you probably need an ITAC import (personal use) permit: http://www.itac.org.za/pages/service...lication-forms

Umarex do a Colt SAA type revolver, I have not seen any locally but you could always ask the local agents if they have brought any in and if so who the stockists are.

African Outdoor Sports
    Forum name:
    Contact/s:
    Address: Pinetown
    Phone/s: +27317009405 * +27317001963
    Email: admin@aosports.co.za
    Services:
    Agents for: Nikko Stirling * Umarex * Crosman * Hatsan * Buffalo River * H&N Sport * Walther * Webley * Guerrilla
    Distributors of:
    Retailer of:
    NB: Does not and will not deal with the public. Only registered dealers.