Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSB KnockOut

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default JSB KnockOut

Hi there

It goes without saying that slugs are becoming increasingly popular with airguns and it's been quite a topic on conversation on this forum quite recently.

I've received an email that this year JSB has launched their slugs in 5.5mm. They're called KnockOut.

I'm keen to check them out and see what they can do. I'll be watching YouTube closely for the reviews.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Will they be making them in only one weight, and in 5.5mm only?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Here is a link to the article I read.

New JSB Slugs Launched At 2020 SHOT Show - Hard Air Magazine

The short answer is they are intending on different calibers but I don't see anything mentioned about weight.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

New toys have arrived.

Time to compare to T3, G2, Nielsen, Inferno FX hybrids and JSB Knockouts.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Nice! Looking forward to your results.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi Scott

Have you tried the H&N slugs at all?

Please post your results....I will try post my results of the H&N slugs and others here at distances of 50m ,75m and 100m shortly.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi
    I have tried NSA, did not work in my Impact mk1, too slow <820fps
    Have got my paws on some H&N 21gr slugs in .218
    These I have going at 960fps out of a 600mm STX slug barrel, reg set @ 145 bar, valve out at 4 rings
    Zeroed at 25 yards, 1 hole
    Ragged hole at 75 yards
    R5 coin size group at 165 yards
    Super happy, I won't go over 200 yards, I'm not comfortable over this range, it's a 10 mil dot hold over @ 200
    Am unable to get paws on JSB or FX Hybrid slugs, they are going to be moerse expensive
    H&N are being sold @ R215-225 per tin of 200. Value for money!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I can also help with testing, just send me the slugs please. MK I running at 930fps with 26gn slugs, thus I can test just about anything I can get my hands on. 970 fps with 22gn FX hybrids.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

JSB Knockout Slugs are selling for less than H&N in Europe and UK.

Hybrids are overpriced for what you get.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Laverys View Post
    JSB Knockout Slugs are selling for less than H&N in Europe and UK.

Hybrids are overpriced for what you get.
    Of course JSB can be cheaper as H&N, no question.
    JSB can produce for small money in Chech Republic, very close to the Polish border. Workers get only few money for hard work in an old factory. People are very friendly there. H&N produced in Hann. Münden, a small city near Kassel. The workers there get our German wages, 3 or 4 times more as the Chech collegues have. And the quality is better. If H&N is a Mercedes Benz, JSB is a Skoda.
    For myself I have not tryed the Knockout Slugs.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
    Of course JSB can be cheaper as H&N, no question.
    JSB can produce for small money in Chech Republic, very close to the Polish border. Workers get only few money for hard work in an old factory. People are very friendly there. H&N produced in Hann. Münden, a small city near Kassel. The workers there get our German wages, 3 or 4 times more as the Chech collegues have. And the quality is better. If H&N is a Mercedes Benz, JSB is a Skoda.
    For myself I have not tryed the Knockout Slugs.
    JSB quality cannot be that bad. The majority of shooters at WFTC 2019 used JSBs. The 2nd most popular pellet was AA which according to what I've read is also made in the same factory.

If this be the case, the JSBs must be an ass-kicking Skoda.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Not quite sure I would agree that H&N are the Mercedes of pellets and to add slugs, maybe more like a Citi Golf.
    Mass produced with German precision but quality might not quite be there.
    Capitalism is a bitch.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So here my thoughts after two sets of testing out the JSB Knockouts and FX Hybrids

Both tested out of FX MK2 with power plenum, Huma regulator set to 160 bar and using a 700mm FX slug liner.
    FX Radar used to test fps

JSB Knockouts (25.39gr) in .216

Build quality and consistency is once again the gold standard for mass produced slugs.
    The only Slugs that compare in consistency and quality currently in my opinion are locally manufactured by Jan under T3 banner).

The downside to these Knockouts is they like speed, I found that shooting them at below 930fps the groups opened up to about an 1inch at 50 meters.

Changing the power wheel setting on the Impact and shooting at 950fps the groups tightened.

Then increasing to 965fps they made one hole groups with a 11.59mm center to 10 shot grouping.
    9mm center grouping fro 5 shot group.

Standard deviation over +-100 shots was 3.7fps indicating the weight consistency is brilliant.

The BC seems lower than those indicated by H&N on their test packing as JSB claim 0.084, where H&N are noting 0.09 and 0.1 for 27gr and 25gr.

Having shot the Knockouts and H&N slugs my personal preference will be the JSB Knockouts as I think the cup base design is the game changer (Jan from T3 might back me up here as his slugs have a similar cup base).

FX Hybrid Slugs 22grain in .217

These slugs perform better than all the other slugs I have tested at speeds of 890 to 930 fps.
    Hole in hole shooting at these speeds, but increasing the 980fps as per Matts D video, I got different results in the group widening well over an inch.

Build quality is right up there but their packaging is leagues ahead of the standard tins, this may be why they are 1.5x more expensive (bearing in mind you only get 100 per pack versus 200 from JSB and H&N).

I will test out of a standard pellet barrel before wrapping up

First image is the JSB Knockout 10 shot group, send and third are FX Hybrids

Last edited by Laverys; 13-03-20 at 08:37.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So managed to do some more testing on the weekend.

FX Hybrid slugs are much better out of standard barrels than through the a slug liner (Matt D made the same comments in his video).

Tested the Hybrids out of a polygon ART barrel and happy to say they group as good as any JSB pellet I have shot.

Five shot groups with a 5mm variance where the order of the day, until i ran out of hybrids.

Therefore I will not be shooting these FX hybrids out of my FX’s (fitted with slug liners) will rather use these in pellet specific barrels.

Maybe FX have made the perfect hunting hybrid slug for Daystate’s Delta Wolf to be launch soon.

Marksman

User Info Menu

At what distance were the groupings shot Laverys? So your findings indicate the fx hybrids to be the best out of a so called pellet barrel/liner and the jsb knockouts best out of a slug barrel/liner. What groupings did you get with the H&N slugs and what weight did you test and was most accurate?