Thread: Confucious

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Confucious

Now the next problem
    Have a very nice Nikkor Stirling Targetmaster 10-50x60FT scope, and want to fit Turret or scope stickers
    Zeroed at 25 yards
    25x Magnification as per instructions (destructions?)
    When I used my SrelockPro to help work out the turret clicks, after spending hour looking up all the info, I inputted it, way and behold at 135 yards I had 2 full turns on the turret
    Am not sure if the scope is 1/8' @ 100 yards or 1/4' @ 100 yards (4 clicks per inch or 2 clicks per inch)
    StrelockPro gives 0.0500 milrads on the turret?????
    Now I'm confused
    Any knowledgeable help out there, can fix aeroplanes but this is wow! Maybe I'm over thinking this

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '19
    The Sultan of Spring 2019

User Info Menu

Scope is 1/8" at 100 yards. So 8 clicks per 1" at 100 yards. That being said I wouldn't trust those scopes for acurate and repeatable dialing. I own several of the TMs and shoot with Holdover rather than dialing.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Assuming you are using some air rifle of sorts if you are zero'd at 25 yards then 135 yards is way down yonder and will need considerable elevation to get there.
    On my RTI Priester running 16gr JSB's at 960 fps with scope zero set at 51m I run out of mildot holdover real estate beyond 95m.
    You can try shimming the scope but the best would probably a slopy rail.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DSF View Post
    Assuming you are using some air rifle of sorts if you are zero'd at 25 yards then 135 yards is way down yonder and will need considerable elevation to get there.
    On my RTI Priester running 16gr JSB's at 960 fps with scope zero set at 51m I run out of mildot holdover real estate beyond 95m.
    You can try shimming the scope but the best would probably a slopy rail.
    I am using an Impact Mk1, 600mm slug barrel, 21gr H&N Slugs (.218) at 960fps
    The rifle is more accurate than me!
    My mate Nick shot a group at 165 yards using the hold over method, and got a group of about a R5 coin size
    Next time out, am going to try the BulletDrop Data for hold over, ie at 200 yards it's 9.9 mil dots.
    West coast is windy, so this will be interesting
    At 75 yards basically same hole, very chuffed I managed to tune this one