Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pellet bag?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Pellet bag?

Hey guys. Newbie help needed! I keep on dropping my tin of pellets, and once or twice the tin has popped open. Luckily it was on a wooden deck, so i recovered most of my pellets, but if I was at the range, or on grass i would have lost quite a few. Is there some trick that you more experianced shooters use, with regard to carrying pellets? Can you buy bags or something to keep your pellets in?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have the best pellet bag in the world! its a tiny R59.95 camera bag, clips on belt and has a loop for some other method of attachment!

Its called a Voyager. Small and holds well over 1000 pellets without them dropping out! Go to your local camera shop, thats my suggestion.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Okay will have a look at that. I was thinking maybe A bag that looks like those ones used by rock climbers to put their chalk in. they are nice because they have a type of netting on the top that you can close with a draw string, and they also remain vertical even if you are upside down! No that I would want to make use of that feature, but ya.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You can by a pouch from BAR (Look at airgunfantix.co.za as well. Lloyd might sell them??)
    Or make one of the following:

Use a old mouse pad. Cut to size and make holes in (using a soldering iron/puch). Attach lanyard. (some used a fly swatter of similar material that has holes in already)

or

Use a pill bottle - ones with the lid attached works best. Or visit your nearest camera shop. The clear/black plastic tins the film rolls come in works great too. Attach lanyard, fishing line etc to be able to hang around your neck.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You need to have one just like that as you say with the rock climbers! Otherwise when you lie prone, they generally bail out if they are attached to the belt.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

not really for loads of pellets but I use this in competition (otherwise I made myself a little leather pouch that sits on my belt for carrying more)
    [IMG]

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Got one similar to Arnolds but only takes 10 pellets and has velcro on the inside so it locks around the scope tube, try to post a pic later.

As Chaka says, those film canisters are good. Boxer pellets come in an excellent plastic tin that has a small opening you get to when the lid is twisted. I've got several at home from when I used to shoot the Boxers.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ya Mac my dad said they used to come in boxes like that. Any idea where i can pick up a tin of boxer pellets?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'm sure HGS from Hillcrest Gun Shop still sells them. Give him a call.

Failing that I'm going down to Durban sometime this week to get my tank tested so maybe I can drop one off for you somewhere, dunno where in durban you are.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It would be great if you could drop one off... I dunno it would just cost less hehe. Um I say in Glenwood, but where in Durban are you going?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'm going to Point Rd. or whatever it's called now, to the Dive shop, not the other establishments!

PM me your address, maybe I can make it or drop it off somewhere it town for you. Ain't too fond of driving in the big city.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Um, ya our place is a bit off the track for you then. Are you going past HGS? Maybe you could leave it there. BTW how much is it for a tin of boxer pellets?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you're going to HGS buy yourself a box, they used to shoot pretty well out one of my Gamos, can't remember which one, but maybe your shadow will like them.

I will be going past HGS to pick up some stuff. Don't think they're too expensive, R40.00 range if I remember correctly (that was a few years back though)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Panado plastic cannister is a pretty decent quick fix. Also you can put them out at 50m and shoot them afterwards

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Haha alistair. Lol I better go down some panados then. Mac can you leave a spare box for me, but i will get myself a box... only R40!