Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field Target shoot in Cape Town on saturday...woohooo

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Default Field Target shoot in Cape Town on saturday...woohooo

There will be an FT shoot at Kraaifontein this saturday morning.
    Andre [Firearm News] will hopefully put up more details...keep the morning open guys.

Firearm News's Avatar Firearm News

If the Cape Town guys are serious about getting FT off the ground, now is your chance.

Show your support and pitch up at the Kraaifontein shooting range at 9 on Saturday morning.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Please email me some directions. Anybody

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

shame Guido, did it snow on table mountain? he he

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Good luck with your shoot!

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

From the N1, take the Kraaifontein turn off,
    travel towards the north (Malmesbury direction),
    excluding the highway robot, turn right at the second robot (there is a sign that indicates the "Sportsfields" you need to get to the sportsfields, so follow these signs),

After the right turn at the robot, drive untill you get to a T-junction and turn left,
    about 100mm up the road another sign will indicate to turn right towards the sportsfields, follow this road for about 1 km (if you drive all along a large water channel on your left hand side, your on the right road),

You will be able to see the sportfields at the end of this road, keep on going with the road so that you pass the sportsfields on the left hand side, as if you would try to drive to the back of the fields, (NOTE: do not pay the entry fee at the gate , that would be for the event of the day, it would not be rugby though , just tell them that you going to the shooting range and they will let you through),

Keep driving on the same road past the sportsfield complex as well as the BMX track untill you get to the shooting range which is about 500meters past the sprotfields. At the BMX track the tar road turns to gravel.

Hope this helps, see you there !amazed , if the above is not clear in any way call me on 0825694536

Cheers Marius

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Andre, can you indicated what the entry fees for the shoot on Saturday is?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Is this at the(past) Kraaifontein Sports fields on the Sarel van Deventer Rd? Just making sure

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

wake up so early on saturday morning is very difficult i guess.. then drive 45kms to get there... hehe... but i will try be there to show my support...
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri May 27 2005, 09:00PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

will be there but don't have the rifles with me, so won't shoot, but i'l be there with support

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

MCJ
    How did the shoot go? The weather report shows that you had a wet untidy time. Any scores? Oh Yeah, my pal Mehl was snookered by a scope on his BSA, I think he needs help.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Sadly, I had prior apointments for the morning and only arrived late with my brother in law (who never before shot an air rifle , everything had already been packed up. But...there was still two guys hanging arround indicating that they are on their way home..... so I decided that shoot we must.... (30 meters was the range of the day)

I setup my two laminated wooded targets,
    Water bomb balloons 20mm, 30mm and 40mm where made to hang from biltong wires,
    Smoke bombs, 10mm and 20mm diameter - pills containers filled with cake flour,
    shot guns shells,
    big carboard target with bottel caps and about 20 other smaller targets stuck onto it with glue,
    ITMAN sacrificed one of his CD's - shoot it horisontal till it splits in half.

and man did we have fun....

2 hours later the two guys where still trying to leave the range...I tell you, this air rifle shooting business is very addictive....be carefull

cheers

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

and you don't even own a PCP yet!!!...just wait...

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

you know what, all the guys that shoot with me on saturday had springers...

i wonder .... might it be that we (springer air rifle guys) are not so much under pressure to "perform and shoot really well" than the guys with PCP's...

after all, what is the use of shooting air rifle if you do not enjoy it and have fun as well. PCP or Springer? Sometimes I shoot bad and sometimes good, but I always have fun.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Spoken like a true enthusiast!
    Most air rifles, spring and PCP outperform the capabilities of the shooter. Remember its not the gun that shoots vrot, its the driver.