Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airvolution Field test.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Airvolution Field test.

Kevins " home made " air rifles were widely discussed a while back, and I think everyone is keen to give it a shot and see how it performs. Well I took my Bam to him to sort out my tuning problems ( and boy can he tune a Bam ) so he lend me one of his earlier .20 regulated models. Ian and I hit the farm with pockets full of pellets and I felt rather awkward carrying this alien rifle. The stock was Walnut and seemed bulky yet comfy. I took my first bird hardly 20m from the bakkie. It felt good because standing shots are my worst. I counted 8 birds after 8 shots by the time passed the bakkie again. Ian topped up his air and I topped up the 11 shot magazine. I found loading the clip a bit awkward, but it doesnt take more than a few loads to get used to it. We lost count after a while as I guess we got caught up in the fun. Bottom line is that I never felt that a miss should have been a hit. If I missed, it was because I wasnt used to the trigger, and pulled a shot early or something like that. I dropped two more birds while we were leaving the farm from inside the cab, and even those awkward sitting possitions hit the spot. I was impressed. I think Ian was impressed. I can only think the newer models must out perform the gentle giant that I shot with on Saterday. As for Ians 410. In my eyes one of the finest rifles I think money can buy. Simply perfect. And my Bam. Got it back the next day, and a 15 shot chrony looks like this. 952 and then it climbs to 975. Table tops and end at 948. I will ask him if I can post his method of tuning. But in short, He took out some stuff. Made some new better stuff and put it in. Now the spring and the hammer are adjustable seperately and the striker hammer is only set at half power.

So if it sounds like Im raving about his work. Well I am. You havent seen " passionate about air rifles " untill you have seen this guys house. I will be ordering my .20 at the end of this month.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Section8
    What is the price of this .2 and who are you buying from? I would love to have a .2 for hunting!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

You have a pm

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sectio8, hoe skiet hy in vergelyking met die Bam? Bou kwaliteit beter of swakker as BAM?? Hoe is sneller en het jullel dalk shotcounts gekyk?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi 30-06. Die een wat ek geskiet het was n ou een en die afwerking was maar rof. Die nuwes is " on par " met die Bam. Daar is n hele paar goed wat beter as die Bam is soos die break valve in die air inlet as jy hom charge. 11 skoot magesyn is standaard. Knel demper skroef op ( geen grub screw. ) Die sneller is baie responsive alhoewel dit vir my soos net 1 stage voel. Die wall thickness op die valve body is baie dik, so dis moontlik om n preasure gage op te monteer. Shot count is ek nie so seker oor nie. Daai een was regulated teen ek dink 860 fps. Ek het seker 4 magesyne uitgeskiet sonder om op te vil of bat ek moet " compensate " vir skote wat val. E mail my as jy meer info soek. Ek sal meer antwoorde probeer kry. Ek weet Ram air is betrokke, maar ek is nie seker waar die wapens te koop is nie. Ek is seker aankope kan direk by hom gedoen word deur Ian of ek self. Ek mag verkeerd wees maar ek dink carbon fiber lope word nou getoets. Dis n staal loop met rifling en n C F solid shroud. Blykbaar baie lig en ongelooflik akuraat. Ek sal dit die naweek uit try.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

O ja ek het die lek op die Bam gekry. Vanaf die port het lug tussen die breech en die silinder aan die linker kant uitgekom. Met elke skoot het daar lug by die cocking bolt ontsnap. Nou dat dit reg het my fps van 952 tot 1071 geklim sonder om aan iets te stel. 16 skote later is ek nog op 23 fpe. Eks Happy.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Section 8 Probeer asb vir ons uitvind oor prys en shot count. Is hierdie wapen slegs beskikbaar in .20 of kry jy dit in .177

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Alby is beskikbaar. Daar is n .177 op die oomblik, maar dis dalk die een wat ek gaan vat. Ek wag net om te hoor wanneer hy vir my n .20 loop kan rifle. Hy se die shot count hang af van die krag. Die standaard silinder is 500mm lank en eksta is 530mm. Shot count wissel tussen 20 ( hp ) en 60 skote teen ft spoed.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

.177 and .20 available.
    Remeber these rifles can be built to your own spec. Meaning if you want a very high powered .20 with x amount of shots for hunting or .177 12 fpe regulated for hft with a sh1it amount of shots, its your call.

Ramrod wont sell to the public unless your a dealer. However I can get you a rifle.
    I`ll bring a couple of these rifles to the next clubshoot in Pta area. You are more than welcome to try them out and ask quetions to Kevin in person.

These rifles will sell below R6000 brand new. It comes with a 11 shot magazine, screw on silincer and filling adaptor plus gauge.

All rifles comes with a 12 month warrantee. Back-up service is no problem because its manufactured local.

There are two models available - Synthetic full stock and the break down rifle.

You cant compare them to BAM. Airvolution comes standard in .20 or .177 calibre, comes with a magazine and screw on silincer. No modification or tuning is required.

See you at the next clubshoot. Sorry I cant make it to the champion of champions.
    Im doing my inland skippers course.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Dankie vir die vertaling broer.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Nou jeuk my g@t.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

can anyone post some chrony results and grouping at 50m.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I think we are going to have to do that at the next club shoot. Just to get the distance. I will sponsor the chrony. We can probably get 30 results, but we would have to go to a range to get 50. Ian and I are shooting on a farm on Saturday. I will ask Kevin if he can lend us one to test.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I just spoke to Kevin and I will fetch a rifle tonight so we will do a proper test this weekend. Watch this space.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

You can send one to me and then I'll test it for you to see how it performs in the Cape's windy conditions.