Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite 4200

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Bushnell Elite 4200

Hiya

Couple of questions for anyone with experience with this scope, the 8-32x40.

Does it work fine straight off the shelf? No need to re-parallax or anything? They quote 10yd to infinity.

How is low-light shooting with this scope, seeing as it's only (?) a 40mm objective?

The swap out replacement is one year, but only in the US. Wondering about back up should I import from the UK. Any clue?

tia

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

what is the price over here avion?

dont really know anything about them though

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The 8-32 Bushnell 4200 is a very nice scope.

Not worth importing from the UK though as they cost twice the price here as in the US.

Regards

Dale (logged in from Jamie's pc)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ah okay, cheers for that Dale. Was hoping to get a relative to send it over.
    I'll start looking at some plan perhaps from the US then.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I told you to look at the US market!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yeah yeah - lemme alone - having a hard time quelling the drama from the N3!

Nah - wasn't that bad tonite apart from some prat in a golf in the fast lane doing 70. :shoot:

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What time did you leave?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

18H30, got home just after 19H00.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The coolbox must have been light when you left?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

heh - yeah. Safety officer can witness my rifle was packed away before the first beer though.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So now sound tests this avi

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell. :P B)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What's the average price for the Elite over there Jon? I've only seen it priced on the Daystate website, around 449 UK, IIRC.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I only have experience with Trijicon & a Swarovski .

I've got a N/S Nighteater on the S400 & a BSA fixed power on the Gamo . I like the BSA clarity , zerod at 20m , for general stuffing about .

I've a Tasco 4 power on my 303 , adequate fro Impala & Blesbok at my self imposed hunting range , max 150m . In fact the last half dozen animals I've shot have been well under 100m . I walk & stalk & we generaly try our old bush skills learnt in the old days , of getting in real close , undetected , before taking the shot . Nice 1 shot kill .

Man the clarity of the Swarovski is phenominal . Mind you the cost here in good old ZAR is prohibitive .

Even the Trijicon has gone stupid on cost . I sold a 5 year old Trijicon Acog , & bought an S400 with change !

I think with optics , generally , the best you can afford is the one to go with . Being honest with myself , the S 400 is better than I am , the only tool I can get to better the package would be a muchly better scope . ( Oh and maybe a pair of younger eyes & more muscle to stop the shakes & . . . . .)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Agree with you on the "buy the best you can afford" Gerry.

I really want to buy a scope that will last me a long time or forever. However it's got to be suited for FT. Don't want to have to buy something else 6 months from now because the clarity is up the pole or range finding is still hit 'n miss.

Pretty much just weighing up my choices right now.