Thread: Mounts matter!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Mounts matter!

A while back I posted a thread where I was battling with 30mm mounts. I ended up shimming them but there was still a lot of windage dialing to get them zeroed. These were Thor mounts, someone told me they were rebranded Lynx mounts, but anyway they were not cheap and nasties. Well they weren't cheap

I sent off to the UK for some extra high adjustable 30mm mounts from SportsMatch. They were also not cheap (GBP 40) but they looked like they would do the job.

Well I bolted them on. I reset my elevation and windage to pretty much the middle and took a shot. It was around 4cm low at 25m and dead centre! I didn't touch the elevation but adjusted the mount screw a half turn. Locked it in and bang! Perfect centre. These are very nice mounts! No fiddling around with shimming and other ugly stuff.

If anyone wants my Thor mounts PM me and I will send them to you.. but they aren't going near any of my rifles again.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Don't you find the SportsMatch mounts a bit too heavy. I know they are supposed to be one of the best but I just found them too heavy. Did you get one or two piece?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guess It depends on what you mount them on a 400 they will be heavy on a Hw 97 u wont notice the diff-!!! lol damm things weigh a ton

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Heavy? They weigh the same as other mounts...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guido, I'm just a newbie and a week ago I looked at one of those SportsMatch 1pc and they seemed to be too heavy comparing to my BSA 1pc.
    Guess I have to start going to gym and get ready for the time Lloyd brings me my big Viper and together with the SportsMatch 1pc I put it on my HW97K

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No not heavy - My scope is pretty heavy as it is. They are two piece mounts and extra high which gives me nice clearance for my big scope.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Alistair, you can ship those mounts my way mate , lol.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

They're yours!