Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's out there?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default what's out there?

hello guys.....

pls can someone tell me what's like the top-end rigs to get these day......that's available in sa.for FT, HFT and hunting.....air rifles/scopes/accessories.....etc

been out of it for so long......dont know what's what anymore

tks
    Hardy

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

give me a call...hehe

for FT:
    EV2
    Walther
    Steyr
    S400 in new style FT GINB stock

HFT:
    endless choice

hunting:
    S400\410ERB
    HW100

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey Hardy ,

Welcome back buddy .......

You dont want to know , this game is developing faster than grand prix cars !!

When I get my pc back up and running I'll try and send you some gumf from here .

The first world champs for HFT are here in UK next year, check the Air Arms owners club web site , lots of info there , otherwise Airguns forum and BBS .

Keep well , keep in touch .

Gerry

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I have heard alot of people mentioning HFT. i know FT is field target, but what is HFT? I would do a google search, but our adsl router is in for repairs, so im doing everything from my cellphone.

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

HFT is Hunter Field Target. Same course and targets as FT just different scoring and shooting positions. Scores are : Hit the face plate 1 point , hit the kill zone and drop the target is 2 points. So a 30 target course is scored out of 60. Shooting positions can be prone (laying down) , kneeling or standing. There are like FT also dedicated kneeling and standing shots. Then there is also a rule that permits the shooter to use any object within the marked shooting area like a rock or tree stump or maybe a tripod , placed there by the organizers, as a dead rest. HFT shooters may not adjust their sights during the shoot like FT.

That should cover most of the differences as far as I know. Hope this helps you and if anybody knows other important rules , please add them.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi Hardy

Welcome back

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

u still drive Subaru? I do.. [that rhymes...who cares]

Protea FT Team '10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jan The Man View Post
    HFT is Hunter Field Target. Same course and targets as FT just different scoring and shooting positions. Scores are : Hit the face plate 1 point , hit the kill zone and drop the target is 2 points. So a 30 target course is scored out of 60. Shooting positions can be prone (laying down) , kneeling or standing. There are like FT also dedicated kneeling and standing shots. Then there is also a rule that permits the shooter to use any object within the marked shooting area like a rock or tree stump or maybe a tripod , placed there by the organizers, as a dead rest. HFT shooters may not adjust their sights during the shoot like FT.

That should cover most of the differences as far as I know. Hope this helps you and if anybody knows other important rules , please add them.
    In addition to the above, you are not allowed to parallax and scope magnification cannot exceed 12x.......

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hardy
    After splashing out on a new hunting bow do I hear the tills ringing for a new air rifle rig?
    Well done on your hunt by the way.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sup Guys........

Guido......scooby no more.....i went soft and got a 350Z.....what you got? forester?
    still got the ev + big nikko and S400k t/h with long cylinder + nikko 10 x 42.....so FT and HFT is covered.........now a hunting rig?? hmmm.......went warthog hunting (bow) 2 weeks ago....if only i had a silenced pcp....many pigeons there

are you selling GinB stocks? got any for sale?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Looks like you still have everything you need Hardy, you just have to persuade us to let you back in...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

dont even joke......still got 10 tins of jsbs, 2 X daystates in "storage".....

come now Brian.....i will play nice

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

whats up hardy

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hello Andre.......

need to come talk to you about a "fac" .177/.20 hunting rig......

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The rules about using EV2s have changed. They are now banned in all competitions (far too accurate), but I may be able to take it off your hands for a couple of hundred or so. I can also swap it for a Gamo 640.