Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW TOY!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default NEW TOY!

Nooo, it's not a gun. After much contemplation between myself and Avion we eventually broke down and bough ourselfs some 2 way radios.
    Thought it might be a good idea for hunting on the weekend seeing that we are always a good distance from each other and who knows what could go wrong, so yes safety was a priority. Did some tests on them last night, worked well in a built up area up to 5 km's and claimed 16kms overall distance, still needs to be tested out on the hunt in the flat lands. Good thing about these things is that they work on a system called VOX which is similar to what pilots use, no need to press any buttons, just talking into your hands free kits and automatically the com comes on to transmit, so , no putting down the gun and always in contact with someone.
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

But then you have certain people who just don't shut up so I can't get a word in edgeways! :P

Good fun though - think they will come in handy - will do a proper range test this weekend eh?

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue May 31 2005, 12:33PM ]</span>
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't worry I didn't buy one, YET. When I do, you will throw yours away, which will leave me on square one again.. nobody to talk to.(Hell on Earth)
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

lol - actually I was on about Refresh last night - he wouldn't stop talking so I couldn't check the sensitivity of my mic.

¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't suck up now...you still banned from the nationals!!! I know you said: "You worcst that Gerrie," or some such, I know, my ears were ringing. :beer:
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

frequency range?
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It's the 300 series, check this page Boondock.
    http://www.midlandradio.com/products.asp?pid=30

PS, slightly OT - but been meaning to ask you if you were part of the Clan - Boondock Saints?

¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Lewis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The safety officer's being mean to me again.

{sulk¤¤

:P

¤¤¤

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

whats the price on them and where from?
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You'll have to wait for Refresh Sven, soz man.

He was driving around the country yesterday afternoon to pick them up. Seems traffic upset him a little.

Say - did you get my email?

¤¤¤

yeah got it. lakka das all sorted, he he, wont be going to nationals either it seems, photographing the racing at kyalami. got a bit of a shock now now, cos i forgot to log in to my account so it seemed the whole site had changed, he he.
    ¤¤¤

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

your photography, do you freelance and sell to pic libraries or you employed through a firm. Just wondering like.

¤¤¤

well kinda employed and freelancing, since i havnt been in the business very long (only got my diploma last year) i dont have that many contacts, but i work for a company that gets us to photograph all the graduation ceremonies around SA as official photographers(all except Rhodes N Stellenbosch). but weddings n some sports is by myself, trying hard to get into commercial and fashion + food photography.
    ¤¤¤

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Don't worry about the safety officer. I have photographic proof of his incompetance. If he harass you again I will post it and he will be scraped from the roll.
    ¤¤¤

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Poor quarry stand no chance with a co-ordinated assualt .
    ¤¤¤