Thread: V-Glide for HW97

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default V-Glide for HW97

I got a reply from Steve Pope, which clarifies quiet well the various option for V-Glide kits for HW97. Thought I might share it with you for whoever is interested:

There are a number of options available to you in the way of tuning kits, to improve your HW97.
    Our tuning kit is available in two options, sub 12 ftlbs and high power.
    In .177 calibre particularly, the 97 isn't capable of energy figures much over 12 ftlbs in it's standard factory format, (by this I mean with its stroke remaining unchanged.) so even the high power kit will only return very moderate figures 13-13.5 ftlbs on average. I am assuming, that the factory rifle has the same action stroke as the uk rifle, which has always been the case in the past.
    We also offer a V-Glide kit, in 3 power options.
    A V-Glide kit is a replacement piston, compression chambers of our own design, along with the additional components that make up a full tuning kit.
    option 1 sub 12 ftlbs
    option 2 moderate power,( standard stroke,) Option 3 high power,( increased stroke.)
    The increased stroke equates to 8mm extra cocking length, this obtains as much capacity from the rifle as is possible.
    This also means that the rifle needs to accommodate the extra stroke, and some alteration is needed to the stock inlet to allow the lever to travel this greater distance, and also to the lever itself.
    Both modifications are straightforward to do, and we can supply details on how to achieve this.
    The long stroke version can generate 15+ ftlbs in .177 cal and 18 in .22.
    V-Glide kits are available on an exchange basis for your old internals or non exchange basis.
    The long stoke versions cost 175 non exchange, 150 exchange.
    In all cases, as a target/completion rifle, the sub 12 ftlbs version is the easiest to use, with minimal recoil and fast lok-times, though the long stroke high power version shoots very well also.
    It would be the best result, if high and low power is required, to utilise the long stroke V-Glide kit, and have a second spring and guide arrangement to switch to for low power, that should work well.
    Hope this helps,
    Steve

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sorry for posting under wrong section. This should go under Modification/Tuning. May be the admins can move it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would like to get my 97K tuned, I dont want more power just smoother, and as close to factory spec as possible,can we get these kits localy, but more importantly I just need sometime to fit the kit and do a good job,Am I in the wrong country to get this done?

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

Biefs on the forum just imported some V-glide kits. I was gonna get one too , but then my bakkie asked me for a prop-shaft recon and I just couldn't refuse. Biefs quoted me R2300 for the kit if I remember correct.

Since then I have bought a Macarri kit from Spyker for my 97. My problem is that in stock form on a hot day I only get 20 shots before it starts to diesel. So while I'm in the process of stripping it to clean the excess grease out , I might as well fit a kit.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Received one order today, hoping for another in about 10 days.

I've been dealing with Steve for quite a while and it is the best service ever.

If there's more people interested in a V-Glide conversion kit, maybe I can do a larger order so let me know, currently I only order on demand.

I also do not mark these items up and you pay exactly the same if you were to order it yourself.

I am currently busy with some family affairs and don't frequent the forum too often, don't think Im ignoring anyone if I dont respond immediately.

Elmar

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Elmar
    do you have an estimated price and which kit is it, secondly I am sure I can open a gun I just don't want to experiment on my one for the first time, do you know someone in Cape Town that can do it.
    Clyde

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

Chat to Farmer on the forum. He can privide you with services for repairs and maintanance of spring rifles.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi all.
    Here is a rough estimate of the tuning kits available.
    You also need to ad about 9.00 for shipping and another R55.00 for local delivery.

Also remember there is Vat and some handling charges which varies depending on the invoice amount

V-Glide Kits On an Exchange Basis

VM-VGK1 Webley Longbow 129.15
    VM-VGK19 Webley Tomahawk 129.15
    VM-VGK3 Weihrauch HW35 141.75
    VM-VGK4 Weihrauch HW77 / 97 148.50
    VM-VGK5 Weihrauch HW80 (not reduced bore size - 30mm piston only) 141.75
    VM-VGK6 Weihrauch HW95 / 98 141.75
    Note: When ordering please specify Short Stroke or Long Stroke (for Webley Tomahawk)

V-Glide Kits On a Non-Exchange Basis

VM-VGK13 Weihrauch HW35 156.45
    VM-VGK14 Weihrauch HW77 / 97 174.90
    VM-VGK15 Weihrauch HW80 (not reduced bore size - 30mm piston only) 156.45
    VM-VGK16 Weihrauch HW95 / 98 156.45
    Note: When ordering please specify Make/Model/Calibre/Power Level/Bore Size (for HW77/97)

Tuning Kits Tailored to Make/Model/Mark/Calibre - Springs Now Pre-Lubed

VM-TK1 Air Arms Pro-Sport / TX200 72.75
    VM-TK2 BSA Lightning / Super Sport / Super Star 72.75
    VM-TK3 BSA Goldstar / RB2 72.75
    VM-TK4 Diana 34 / 38 72.75
    VM-TK5 Diana 48 / 52 / 54 72.75
    VM-TK1 FWB Sport 65.00
    VM-TK6 Weihrauch HW35 (excluding leather seal version) 72.75
    VM-TK7 Weihrauch HW77 / 97 72.75
    VM-TK8 Weihrauch HW80 72.75 VM-TK9 Weihrauch HW85 / 95 / 98 72.75
    VM-TK10 Webley Excel / Exocet / Stingray / Vulcan 72.75
    VM-TK11 Webley Longbow 72.75
    VM-TK12 Webley Tomahawk Short Stroke 72.75
    Note: When ordering please specify Make/Model/Calibre/Power Level/Bore Size (for HW77/97)
    Last edited by biefs; 12-01-10 at 11:24.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have tried both the V-Mach and more expensive V-Glide kits.

I had an HW80, nice rifle and I wanted it for hunting but it had quite a strong recoil. After doing a bit of research online I decided to try for the V-Mach kit. It's a great kit, all the instructions and lubricants were included. It was easy to fit and the instructions were clear and concise.

The rifle did feel a lot better, I had quite a bit of dieselling as I'd over-lubed it, but once I stripped, cleaned and relubed (with considerably less grease) it started shooting really well.

I started shooting the UK Springer Championships at the beginning of this year and after only one shoot decided to buy a HW97 after seeing the results!

The HW97 is a great rifle, quite heavy but a lovely rifle to shoot. The standard spring and internals are great and I was happy with it, shooting nicely straight away.

I then got to have a play with one of the other competitors HW97's that had been sorted out with Steve Popes V-Glide kit. What a difference! Much less recoil, a much faster, crisper lock-time, indeed a different shooting experience.

I finally decided to shell out the cash and sent my rifle to Steve Pope where he fitted a V-Glide kit and fitted an improved trigger.

My HW97k shoots like a dream now. Very low recoil, extremely accurate and although it was a lovely rifle before, it's a dream to shoot now.

I would heartily recommend these V-Glide kits any day. I just wish I had done it sooner!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

or someone can snap up my V-glided, long stroked, .20, blue\grey laminate HW97K with setback trigger, screw cup stock inserts, custom cocking lever...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Valued at?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by biefs View Post
    Hi all.
    Here is a rough estimate of the tuning kits available.
    You also need to ad about 9.00 for shipping and another R55.00 for local delivery.

Also remember there is Vat and some handling charges which varies depending on the invoice amount
    Please be aware that the prices quoted in this thread are no longer applicable.
    They have changed dramatically.
    The V-Glide kit was:
    VM-VGK14 Weihrauch HW77 / 97 174.90
    Now costs 215.00 at the V-Mach factory.

You now have to add a minimum of 12.95 not "about 9" (depending on weight) for postage.

Paying by credit card is more expensive than by bank transfer, but it is more convenient than going through the nightmarish administrative hassle of setting up a bank transfer.

South African VAT is applicable, and if you are unfortunate, Customs and Excise will add their bit as well.

I have an order placed on V-Mach for over R10200 which will be arriving within the next two weeks. It will be interesting to see what local charges will be added. I expect R25 per parcel and sightly over R1428 for VAT.

I must add that is has taken a long time for this order to be put together because V-Mach has to buy out certain items which carry their own lead times.