Thread: 2009 Field Target World champs, any info yet?

Rest in Peace Paul 25/12/2013
    Springer FT World Champion '08/'10

User Info Menu

Default 2009 Field Target World champs, any info yet?

HI Guys,
    Is there any info regarding the 2009 FT World Championships yet? When, where exactly, accomodation, flights etc. Anything will be useful as i intend to attend if financially possible.

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

I'm told that due to South Africa's restrictive firearms laws no competitors from England will be allowed to bring their own equipment, however SAFTAA is doing a deal with schools to borrow their rifles to lend to the English shooters No scopes and Cometa... 7joules.No problemo!

The venue will be kept a secret until arrival as the organisers need to prevent the South Africans from practising on the course beforehand....make sense?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default SA FT 2009 VENUE EXPOSED!!

Unfortunately the secret venue became public and numerous South African shooters have been spotted trying out the new course.

Attachment 642

Unique to the South African event, moving targets will be introduced in 2009.
    The same rules will apply, "1 point if the target falls over"

Attachment 643

Here a shooter can be seen being reprimanded by a local official for not standing with both feet on the allocated mat before taking aim.

Attachment 644

Targets at higher levels than normal will also be introduced.

Attachment 645

And then to end the event, a water cannon will supply relief from the harsh African sun...

Attachment 646
    Last edited by Swako; 17-04-10 at 11:00.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I'm told that due to South Africa's restrictive firearms laws no competitors from England will be allowed to bring their own equipment, however SAFTAA is doing a deal with schools to borrow their rifles to lend to the English shooters No scopes and Cometa... 7joules.No problemo!

The venue will be kept a secret until arrival as the organisers need to prevent the South Africans from practising on the course beforehand....make sense?
    That's ok i like spring guns!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swako View Post
    Unfortunately the secret venue became public and numerous South-African shooters have been spotted trying out the new course.

Attachment 642

Attachment 643

Here a shooter can be seen being reprimanded by a local official for not standing with both feet on the allocated mat before taking aim.

Attachment 644

Attachment 645

And then to end the event, a water cannon will supply relief from the harsh African sun...

Attachment 646
    I hope all those rifles are under 12ftlbs?

Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '17/'19

User Info Menu

Darth,

We are unfortunately not in a position yet to confirm the venue and final dates for the 2009 Worlds. The original dates we had planned (2 - 4 Oct) fall within the SA school holidays, and accommodation is nearly impossible to get. The SAFTAA committee are meeting this Saturday to get closer to a conclusion on these matters. Sun City, next to the Pilansberg Game Reserve, is presently favoured as the venue, with 25 - 27 Sept the probable dates for the competition.

For international shooters the Airport of destination would be OR Tambo (previously Johannesburg) Airport.

As soon as we can confirm all information, you will be advised - certainly before the end of September.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darth james View Post
    I hope all those rifles are under 12ftlbs?
    They all are! If you don't believe, just stand at the front and they will be more than willing to let you feel if the power is exactly spot on.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swako View Post
    Unfortunately the secret venue became public and numerous South-African shooters have been spotted trying out the new course.

Attachment 642

Attachment 643

Attachment 644

Attachment 645

Attachment 646

Swako, post some more pictures like those and the Southafrican team is going to be the deifinate winner at the next world championships...simply because all other teams will be too scared to come here and attend
    Last edited by swordfish; 11-09-08 at 17:12.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohanJan View Post
    Darth,

We are unfortunately not in a position yet to confirm the venue and final dates for the 2009 Worlds. The original dates we had planned (2 - 4 Oct) fall within the SA school holidays, and accommodation is nearly impossible to get. The SAFTAA committee are meeting this Saturday to get closer to a conclusion on these matters. Sun City, next to the Pilansberg Game Reserve, is presently favoured as the venue, with 25 - 27 Sept the probable dates for the competition.

For international shooters the Airport of destination would be OR Tambo (previously Johannesburg) Airport.

As soon as we can confirm all information, you will be advised - certainly before the end of September.
    Thanks for that, i realise i may be a little early. But i thought i'd better ask anyway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    They all are! If you don't believe, just stand at the front and they will be more than willing to let you feel if the power is exactly spot on.
    Just looking for me chrono!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

LOL, I think I found em doing the bonus free-for-all round...

Attachment 647
    Last edited by Swako; 17-04-10 at 11:00.