Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nationals 12ft/ibs regulations?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default nationals 12ft/ibs regulations?

cronoed my hornet with lewis's crono and i think we took 5 shots..........799....802...803....803...805 or something very similar.i think 802 fts is 12 foot pounds so do i need to lower my power which according to jason is quite a big deal over just a few feet a second?

will i be disqualified if i was chronoed 1ft/s over 12ft/ibs?

it is the NATIONALS so i supposed it should be very stricht according to power.. :?

cdoes any one know? stoffeltoo maby

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This was asked a while back moose. People wanted to know the tolerance on the chrono available at the shoot. Of course everyone says his chrono is reading correct, but in reality who knows or even cares. But as usual no light came of it.

If I was you I would set it below 12ft/lbs on every chrono you can get your hands on. I did read somthing on a UK site about if you are exceeding the level then you may go and set your rifle down to compete - but you only get one chance to test again. Fail that and you go home.

Now, from what I can see, sometimes FT SA goes along with UK rules, other times not. In reality all of this should have been sorted out by February 2005.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

moose . What Chrono did you use . Cant you use a diferent pellet which is within the limit ?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

We will use Olers(sp) to test all rifles. If your rifle is over the limit you may go and fix it and come to test it again. Due to the STRICT UK law on 12ft/lbs we can not allow shooters to be over this. IMO 12,1 ft/lbs will be seen over, but I'm not the one whom will decide.
    Moose my chrony is sh!t, don't worry to much.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I thought you had to test over the chrono with the ammo you were using at the shoot ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Heh - doesn't say that you can't in the rules Allan. Watch the sale of Crosman Premier Heavy's go up tomorrow. lol

:P

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

We might use 11.??grain pellets to test the rifles if the shooters want to. If he wants to use a 6 grainer it is up to him, but that will be foolish.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

well i also took a few shots over jasons crono and had the same sort of results :?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What pellet were you using moose?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Moose and everyone else, don't loose sleep about this.
    I can't remember were but last month we spoke about this and I said that a margin of error will be allowed.
    Guns will be tested with a pellet selected by SAFTAA so that we know what we are testing with. If it is 12.1 you WILL NOT be disqualified, I give u my word. If you are running 13.5 then yes, you could and would be disqualified.

You must allow for a margun of error and so do we.

Now stop worrying about this and go practice !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Glad to hear that neilg - from ppl, I've heard that alot of them are indeed losing sleep over this.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

I think Neilg is right to allow a small margin of error for your SA Nationals.

However for those people who qualify for the team to the Worlds you must ensure that your rifle is running comfortably under 12ft.lbs to ensure compliance with UK law and the rules to which the worlds will be run (BFTA).

For instance if you are mainly using AA Field/JSB best to run the rifle at about 775-780fps as this will give you a fair degree of leeway for chrono variance without any effect on your trajectory.

It would be an awful long way to go to get disqualified from the event.

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

small margin of error, could I get away with 1280fps with an AA 8.44 or is that over the limit....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

tks for clearing it up guys..........

will the chrony be available on fri afternoon????
    keen to get everything sorted before sat.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Refresh,
    that's just a TAD over the allowed limit %-6