Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Newspaper Story

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Bad Newspaper Story

Today we received our free issue of the Highway Mail .

Front page story about a " child " of 14 , who was shot in the head by a pellet gun ( amazing ? )

:shoot:

Him & his mates were riding around the area ringing bells & intercoms & bugging all the dogs . This was at 23:30 hours .

Any way our hero thought some one threw a stone at him . They continued for a while before going their separate ways .

The next day our hero was whining to his mom about a lump on his head . The doctor removed a pellet with forceps .

Now our poor hero is suffering from trauma , stress , severe head aches & dizziness .

:messed:

So , now how we do limit the damage this smart arse & his attacker have caused us ?

Mom is very cross with my old police station , she feels not enough has been done to arrest the attacker .
    Apparently the rude police man put the phone down on her while she was telling him that he was inneficient for not arresting her son's attacker .

I will consult our gun guru , Gavin Leach , to see if he can think of some thing to regain our tarnished name !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would like to hear the story from the 'attackers' point of view.
    Wonder what goes through some peoples mind at times.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Some people just dont seem to respect guns .Then again some people dont respect other peoples privacy ,peaceand quiet. Sad that this sort of thing takes place though .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

All of this just brings the licencing of Airrifles closer and closer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thing is though - one doesn't really understand the power of a standard 12ft/lbs air rifle. Only after doing some tests have I come to appreciate the damage it can inflict. They are seen as toys to the public.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Those tests( we were actualy playing) also gave me great respect for our little toys. Still going to see what it will do at 200m. Think we will respect our rifles even more then.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'm sure this kid wasn't hit with 12lbs, damage at this velocity would have surly left him with more than a head ache. On sat shoot at leeuwkop, when Avion Gerrief and myself were cleaning up we looked at some of the wooden plates holding up the targets, most pellets had penetrated a good 20mm into them.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think it was WolfFlow's HW100 FAC that went the whole way through - presumably with Crosman Heavies.

Lewis - the wood? - was it 45x45 or 50mm pine?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Some was 38x38 others were 50's.
    Must have been a small springer or something, sub 6ft/lbs, or the kid would have a lot more than a headache.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't have any bad ass kids in my neighborhood.

Seriously, although the 'attacker' needs to have some attitude adjustments made in a hurry the kid needs some good old fashioned parenting.

I recall being shot in the posterior with a salt shot gun as a kid because I was steeling chickens. When I got home my Mommy removed the corse salt with tweezers while my dad treated the belt. I still have the scars on my back.

Corperal punishment is a fine thing.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Corperal punishment is a fine thing.

Agreed, especially if I'm not on the receiving end.
    The world has become WAAAAAY to serious.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sadly as you say , the kid needed his arse warmed by his dad & the " attacker " needs some lessons in etiquette .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Tell you what about coporal punishment though. When I got a good hiding for doing something wrong, I never did it again that's for sure.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Good smack at the right time is one of the best things a kid can ever get.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have on occasion even given my 10 year old daughter a sore backside for being cheeky . It works , for months she'll be very carefull what she says , or how she speaks to us .

Spare the rod & spoil the child .

Ask any old cop & he'll tell you that todays crop of youngsters are far worse than those of 30 years ago . . . .