Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lothar Walther vs Weihrauch Barrel

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Lothar Walther vs Weihrauch Barrel

Which barrel is better for a very high power airgun?
    Both chocked and 24"

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

HW

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Why would you say that?

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

I take it you are referring to Lothar Walther?
    Lothar Walther is a different business and not connected to Walther which is part of the Umarex group and only supplies barrels for its own products.
    If my information is correct Lothar Walther makes barrels for Weirauch and Walther.
    To keep the cost of barrel manufacturing economical most Western World manufacturers support Lothar Walther. Lothar Walther make unbeatable barrels for air rifles.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Sorry I meant Lothar Walther. So which one is better? The Lothar Walther or the HW?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My uneducated theory

They are both very good barrel manufactures and to say which one is best with which pellet would be very difficult if not impossible to say, unless you have both to test

MMP may very well be correct

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I take it you are referring to Lothar Walther?
    Lothar Walther is a different business and not connected to Walther which is part of the Umarex group and only supplies barrels for its own products.
    If my information is correct Lothar Walther makes barrels for Weirauch and Walther.
    To keep the cost of barrel manufacturing economical most Western World manufacturers support Lothar Walther. Lothar Walther make unbeatable barrels for air rifles.
    Not just Air Rifle Barrels. They are world renowned for their buttoned barrels in the match and hunting rifle fraternity. They are also in the forefront with the "progressive" groove cutting in barrels.

I had an enquiry out for a specific twist 416 barrel and they were the only company prepared to make a special barrel for me, unfortunately this project was unexpectedly stopped due to importation problems.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

IAN are you sure the HW (weihrauch) barrel is choked? As far as I know, they don't choke their barrels.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Further to our discussions Ian, I did not find any difference in Accuracy between the two barrels. The only difference is the LW barrel I had was a 20" unchoked and my new HW is a 24" choked. The other reason I opted to buy the HW in 24" rather then the LW was the price and ironically import problems.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

They both cost about the same in the US. I have my connection on that side to bring it over. In that case first come first serve.....

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Tim at mac1 airguns has done extensive testing of the HW and LW barrels and has unequivocally concluded that in .177 and .20 at FAC velocities the HW won hands down...he fits the HW barrels to his USFT rifles.

the .20 HW barrel I fitted on the Steyr .20 was possibly the most accurate I have ever tried...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I guess Im the connection. Ja Im planning on bringing some stuff back. I might not take one myself, but if theres a demant I guess I could stuff a few in my back pack. Im interrested in bam parts though. At the airport now. Its nonna be a long flight to New York.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Section8 if you can please get me a filling adaptor for B51 I will buy you a couple of beers.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

B51 filling adapters are commonly available here in SA...cheap too!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

so are beers. hahaha