Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New toy: 5mm / .20 Airvolution Military with Oryx 10-40x50

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default New toy: 5mm / .20 Airvolution Military with Oryx 10-40x50

If it's not raining tomorrow well be giving both models a proper field test.
    I'll write up a more detailed report after the weekend. I'll also have prices on all the different models and packages.

What I can tell you so far:

First impressions:

These rifles definitely have the cool factor. The Hunter model with the synthetic stock is very comfortable. The design of the stock is simply brilliant. It just seems to fit everyone. This rifle is made for hunting. It almost feel like you have the shot already lined up when you shoulder the rifle.

The Military model is not everyones cup of tea. If you like the feel of the old R1 assault rifle, you will love this, but if you lean more towards the classic type of stock, rather go for the Hunter. That said, I'm definitely making the Military model my primary rifle. I simply love it!!!!

The finish is comparable to rifles like the Talon. Just like the Talon, it is basically made from aluminum. The magazines are similar to the FX magazines, and operate without any issues.

Taking in consideration that is has a synthetic stock, spring driven magazine etc, the closest thing to compare it with is probably the FX T12. If I have to choose between the 2, I'll definitely take this.

Airvolution Air Rifle

It's an awesome deal:

The .20 Airvolution, with silencer, 2 magazines, filling connectors, a few tins of JSB pellets, 10-40x50 scope (side wheel included), rifle case and a scuba tank, will still cost you less than a FAC S410 or HW100.

So, do I think paying R5000 - R6000 more for a brand name rifle is worth it? Definitely not!!!

Everyone might not agree with it, but that is ok.... If all people had the same taste, life would have been pretty boring. Anyway, what will I do with all the women?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Farmer laat weet ons as jy hulle die naweek getoets het hoe perform hulle. Plaas meer high def pics ook asseblief sodat ons hulle van naby kan bekyk.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Ok, sal maar vir Trevor vra om foto's te neem, my kamera is nie so kwaai nie.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

These are the ones locally made? Looks really great!

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

Nice Toy!!! Wouldn't mind playing... So you think you'll get 1 inch groupings at 100m with this one?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey farmer find a way to adapt this to your rifle man it would look awesome!!!

http://paintball.co.za/catalog/produ...04beefd9dbdb40

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Farmer dit lyk op die oog af baie goed. As die akkuraatheid daar is en die prys is reg weet ek nou van 2 manne wat sal belangstel..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dalk drie.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

looks great!! but at what price? how many in the mag? and r there any pics of the hunter model, single shot or mag?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Farmer, can you try some long shots (over 50m) tests and post the results.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

also u gonna put it through a chrono?

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Dit lyk vir my die manne op die forum is honger vir 'n plaaslik vervaardigde geweer.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

LOCAl is LEKKA!! As hierdie geweer "deliver" wat die gemiddelde " NON FT skuts wil he, dan behoort hy baie goed te doen. Die gemiddelde ou soek n goeie kwaliteit, akkurate geweer wat nie voll fimies is nie, en waarvan die onderdele gou , maklik en goedkoop verkrygbaar is. .20 KAliber, 11 skoot magasyn en descent shotcount sal baie tel, Veral in die R6000-R7000 prysklas met filling adapter, silencer en spaar magasyn.

Wag in spanning vir verdere "reports"

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

30-06 jy het dit presies opgesom.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

really looking forward to the field test results