Thread: Terrible service (fraud?)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Terrible service (fraud?)

Warning:

I bought a Nikko Stirling Plaatinum Nighteater 8-32x44 from JERALD BLABER KNIFE SHOP in Highstreet in Bellville. I Found the ring that tapers the scope down for the Sun shade loose. I removed it to find that the scopes lens has been tampered with. Someone tried to adjust the focus of the lens and really messed the scope up big time! I wen't back to him the Friday and told him about it. He denied selling me a secondhand scope. According to him the scope was new. He told me to drive all the way through to Somerset west to see if one of their agents can repair the scope. He gave me the number of AFRICAN HUNTING SUPLIES that is the agent for Nikko Stirling. I told him that repair is not an option, because I bought the scope as new and I expect a new scope. He was not going to do anything about it. Ge already have my money and that is it. I asked him about a refund and he told me that only if they refund him, he will refund me.

I eventually resorted to contacting the agents myself and solved the problem myself.

I see this as fraud - selling a secondhand item as new.
    I will never do any bussiness with him ever again and strongly advise everybody else to also avoid doing bussiness with him. His bussiness practice is not ethical.

Please read my thread - Brilliant service.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Couldn't you see when buying it if there is scope ring marks on it? It could tell you if it's second hand before you pay.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Nope, the ring that taperes it down for the sun shade hid the marks insinde. If the ring did not come off, I would not have seen it. I tried shooting with that scope and at 30m my Steyr grouped like a shotgun, instead of the usual one hole.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

At least you got it sorted out. Sometimes not everyone is so lucky.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ja, but the guy I bought it from did not help at all ...

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

Fotunately for us consumers there are new laws being published now that will put a stop to all these types of bussiness practices. The new laws will make the dealer the liable party in such a case as Shamen experienced and this would mean that dealer cannot tell you that he can only refund you if he gets refunded by the agents.

I had a simular nightmare with an expensive RC radio set I bought were the dealer also refused me a refund because his supplier didn't want to refund him. All very frustrating...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Jerald Blaber did replace the scope.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Nope. He did not. African Hunting Supplies did. They only used his store as a base to courier the new scope to me.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Why would they courier it through him, and not straight to you? Who paid for the courier services?

Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Count yourself lucky. I've been waiting for a broken Nikko 10-50x60 to be replaced for 6 months now.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Speak to Lloyd Mihki, I gave mine to Rescom and also waited, after I spoke to Lloyd somethng happened and next thing I knew I got a call saying that my scope is ready...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

JM, I'm not a bona vida dealer. African Hunting Supplies paid for everything.
    If they did not back me up, I would be screwed. I would sit with a broken (brand new) scope and all my money would have been wasted, because Jerald Blaber was not interested in helping me. It was now suddenly my problem. No back up from his side.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

AI! shamen is jy weer besig met bargain hunting? skiet maar teikens