View Poll Results: If you were to own a FT Racegun, which would it be ?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air Arms EV2

23 46.00%
  • Steyr LG110 FT

21 42.00%
  • FWB P70

2 4.00%
  • Walther Dominator

10 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Race-guns.....Why ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Race-guns.....Why ?

Hi guys,

I want to know what it was that made all you Racegun owners buy them and what makes the rest of us crave them.

Apart from the usual obvious stuff, such as "It looks good" or "it shoots well" . I am asking for little technical things, "balance", "adjustable whatsits" etc...

Also, what do you deem essential for a gun to fall into the Racegun Catagory (apart from air regulation - dont debate it, as far as my question goes, regulation is not a consideration and my motives will be obvious in a few days time)

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

You can not compare a hunter stock gun to a race gun for compeditive shooting.

The race gun is just that much more comfortable to use.They are not any more accurate than anything else out there.

As you said adjustability is the key.You can make them fit like a glove.When you feel comfortable you shoot better.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The bling factor. Everybody wants one. I've owned tham all except for the FWB P70. The Walther was too heavy and the Steyr too light. I found the EV to be just right. Mind you, my scores did not improve when I started racegunning!

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Well a race gun is a bit harder to shoot than a S400 ERB on full power

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Spyker, You also started aiming at things smaller than your foot !!

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

the Steyr may start off light but can be made as heavy as you like....not so for the ones that start off heavy

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've not heard the term 'Racegun' before, I'm assuming it's an FT specific rifle judging from the options above, no Pro Target there I see!
    The Poll seems to be swinging towards the EV2, looking up & down the Shooting Line here in the UK, that trend holds true but having seen some of the problems new owners of EV's get with multiple returns to AA, I think a bit of good solid German engineering would suit me better.
    All academic though as I'm unlikely to change from my PT in a hurry!

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

What does a racegun look like?

A starter pistol?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Greg,

The term 'racegun' has been used in SA to differentiate between the sporter guns and the all singing all dancing match rifles.

There is no Pro-Target listed because there are very few in SA - 3 that I know of and I sourced two of them for shooters down there. I believe the first Ripley is on its way and there is supposed to be a GC2 in the country somewhere.

Unfortunately for SA they don't have the wide choice of kit we see in the UK and therefore lack a healthy s/h selection - for instance compare the sales section here with that on the BBS.

Dale

P.S. I personally think the Pro-Target is the best of the FT 'raceguns' out of the box.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Dale, all is clear now.
    I'm surprised Domies are not more represented on the Poll as I had the impression that they were strongly favoured in SA, looks to be EVs & LG110s.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Baltipal, dont bring up the Dommie argument on this forum.. It just leads to MDK!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTK View Post
    Baltipal, dont bring up the Dommie argument on this forum.. It just leads to MDK!
    Can of worms is it? OK mate, consider it withdrawn!

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Protea FT Team '09/'10

User Info Menu

Based on what i've experienced, i would say the fact that the stock/pistol grip is fully adjustable i.t.o. rotation, height, contoured to fit your hand. The stock is equally fully adjustable - angle, length of reach, the butt pad is multi adjustable so you can tailor it to fit your physique - this I find very benificial with standing shoots. The stock is weighted heavier towards the front so you have have more stability, then you can also add stock/butt weights etc. to change the weight of the rifle and centre of gravity.
    Multi adjustable match grade trigger - helps you let off cleaner and more consisitent shots. Regulator is also very nice - you don't have such a big velocity spread so when shooting those 40m + targets, you will have consisitent poi's all things being equal.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Baltipal said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem new owners of EV's get with MULTIPLE RETURNikko Stirling TO AA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!