Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet spot of S400K

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Sweet spot of S400K

Kan iemand vir my verduidelik hoe om s400 se sweet spot te kry.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

try n vergrootglas......

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

lol @ ian

JR: what you need to do is have a chrony and loads of pellets Fill your rifle to about 190bar and start shooting. You will see the velocity go up initialy then stay the same and then sart to decrease. Note the bar level (more or less) after each shot. You will then after done sit with a range of shots that have very little change in velocity. This is the sweet spot. Fill the rifle to the Bar you recorded for where the sweet spot starts and shoot till the barr drops to the bottom end of your sweet spot.

Your 400 should have it's sweet spot @ perhaps 165bar to say maybe 110bar I think.. the other guys that have done the exercise on the forum would probably have more accurate figures than my guess

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Jy koop eers vir haar blomme, dan bespreek jy n tafel by haar gunstelling restorant.

Luister na haar! Moenie oor die Currie-beker finaal dink terwyl sy 'na' jou praat. Kyk diep in haar oe en se vir haar hoeveel sy beteken vir jou.

Na die romantiese ete, neem haar huis toe en skink vir haar n wyntjie of twee of drie...of vier (maak net seker dat dit n gooie jaar was, en dat daar geen kopseer in die oggend gaan wees - as nie, sal die assosiasie tussen jy en n kopseer vir die res van jou verhouding met haar altyd daar wees). Die wyn sal of haar lekker los kry, of sy sal vroeg aan die slaap lol, maar jy vat jou kaanse waar hulle hulle kop uitsteek.

Nou vir daai 'sweetspot'...

Wat? Dis nie 'daai' sweetspot waarvan jy praat?

Sorrie manne. Gaan kyk eders die rugby.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

dankie JTK vir die goeie inligting.aan die 2 grapjaste(ian en Bludlust) ian jy gebruik seker n vergrootglas om jou sweetspot raak te sien.Bludlust ons sal volgende saterdag kyk wie steek vir wie.Sharks bo.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hys klein mar hy stink soos n grote..................

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Bludlust, ek dink jy het iets beet daar.......al is dit aand die korthare....HE>HE

Protea FT Team '09/'10

User Info Menu

basically what JT says - fill up tank and shoot out over chrony until you reach say 100bar. I don't think you need to reord pressure after each shot, however record the number of shots over that pressure drop. If you are able, you could plot the results on a graph in excel.

Something interesting I did notice - at 170-190 bar my velocities were substantially lower, picking up to about 780 at approx 150-160 bar then dropping off again as pressure dropped below 135/140bar.

what I further noticed is that if you set up your turret from 190bar and when shooting to 150bar, I got quite a difference in trajectory, enough to force you to compensate by 2-3 mildots @ 40m plus because of the increased velocity around the sweet spot.

Bottom line is.. get to know your rifle, shoot out a string over chrony even if just once to find your flat/peak whatever you want to call it -- makes a huge difference. Setup your turret / milldots shooting within that range.

S400 carbine is approx 60 useful shots, 400 standard is 80 useful shots - stay within that for good reason.

that being said - regulated rifles are not affected by this velocity spread because the charge is always the same no matter the pressure drop (within a pressure band- much larger than unregulated though)

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The sweetspot on my 510 seems to be between 180 and 110. Mine is also a carbine, so I think I get a few shots less over that pressure range. Makes no diffs to me at the moment. My application required 20 shots or so between refills.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

160-100 bars on most s400s I have tested

190-120 on FAC ones

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

JR68, wat jy nog kan doen is, skiet op n horisontale lyn met geweer gevul tot 190 bar (dit is max). So dra jy van die lyn af skiet begin jou +- begin jou sweet spot, neem waar wat die geweer se druk is. (+- 155bar) Jy sal sien dat die geweer ook meer konstand skiet, skiet dan tot dat jy weer op die lyn skiet en neem waar wat die druk is. (+- 110bar) As jy n Classic het sal dit jou +- 80 skote gee. Dus tussen 155 - 110 bar is jou sweet spot. Onthoud ek se +- dit kan so bietjie anders wees.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post

Something interesting I did notice - at 170-190 bar my velocities were substantially lower, picking up to about 780 at approx 150-160 bar then dropping off again as pressure dropped below 135/140bar.

what I further noticed is that if you set up your turret from 190bar and when shooting to 150bar, I got quite a difference in trajectory, enough to force you to compensate by 2-3 mildots @ 40m plus because of the increased velocity around the sweet spot.

Bottom line is.. get to know your rifle, shoot out a string over chrony even if just once to find your flat/peak whatever you want to call it -- makes a huge difference. Setup your turret / milldots shooting within that range
    Curt is absolutely right.The reason why this happen at the higher pressures, is that the striker closes faster due to the higher pressure on it, while opening, forcing it back quicker, and by doing so, let less air volume through. This will definately make your rifle shoot low on the higher end of your cylinders range, and then suddenly, when it enters the "sweetspot" zone, it would shoot very consistant, up to a stage that it will start to drop suddenly, due to to low pressure.

I find the best sweetspot area for my S400, at between 155bar - 110 bar. This is more than enough, to shoot a 50 target comp. Erica, and Werner's S400 also seem to be the same. Erica never fills her S400 above 150bar, and her scores speeks for themself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It's funny, my S400 Custom has no sweet spot. Wonder why????????

Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Maybe your "sweet regulator" hidden inside?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ooooo, that's why my rifle gauge only fills to 100 bar and my tank gauge shows 190 bar +

Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!