Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power level vs Shot count

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Power level vs Shot count

If I took 1 ft/lbs off the power of my S400 Carbine - would I get any decent amount of shots per fill increase?

I don't have the special torx screwdriver to remove it myself - blerry thing has a pin in the centre :rude: , tried to drill a normal torx out but they are hardened too much.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Get one of the sets from the hawkers alongside the road, it is cheap (soft) stuff and you can drill it very easilly.
    1ft/lbs less will maybee give you ten more shots if that much.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cheerz Lewis.

I think when I do get that screw out it's going in the bin!

Ten shots would suit me perfectly. Would like a sweet spot of 50 shots. Currently, with my last chrony test I was getting 41 decent shots. Think the max spread was 16fps iirc.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

got my "torx with a hole" bits set from pnp for R45.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

won't chair-gun be able to work that out???

psychoSven's Avatar psychoSven

avion, i got a set of 2 saftey torx 'bits', if u want i can give u one, or just go to northern bolt and tool here in midrand in richards drive, its the street gallager estates is on, R14 for 2. better thn stuffing things up. but its just the bits that u use in one of the holders, those multi function jobbies.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ah Sven - seeing as you twisted my arm, yes I'll take one off your hands.

Thanks - I think there is a Leeuwkop shoot on the 18'th?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

club shoot?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

isn't there, like a procedure (transferport/venturi adj screw) that one can follow to maximize the efficiency of air use????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

with my hornet, when i turn the power down from +/-805 to 780fps (8.6g), i noticed that it became quieter, didn't really had the chance to count the increase in shots. but it was done by reducing the hammer spring preload, not the transfer port.

re ev2, before wolwehoek, it was very inefficient, something like 70 bar per 50 shots. i therefore thought it had the old firing valve, but even so, it was suppose to do 1 bar per shot.....it was doing +/- 830fps (8.4g) at wolwehoek. it was reduced to 780fps.....and now the efficiency has improved by close to 65%. much better........btw, also got confirmation from AA (uk) yesterday that it was assembled with the new firing valve seals.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I took the Torx out , & repaced it with a nice 3mm Brass Cheese head screw , being brass it also seals nicely too .

When ( If ever ) I sell the gun , easy to put the Torx back in , or just give it to the dude !

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

interesting thread re blast & accuracy......etc

[link=hyperlink url]http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=606310#post606310
    [/link]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hmm looks like my question got lost in the crash...

Gerry: Does that cover screw need to actually seal? I was under the impression that it was merely a anti-tamper device put there by Air Arms.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hey avion, my response to that also went awol......

re ur question......i don't know, but interestingly the EV has got an o-ring on the cover screw??? anyone know?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Avion ,

When we werre fiddling with my AA over the chrono to get the speed up , it came out of the box at about 640 f/s , we noticed that there was a small blast of air out of the hole when you took a shot .

I dont know if thats good or bad , that is why I decided to put in the small brass screw .

Maybe we'd released the grub screw too far out , but any way I had to screw it back in a bit , cause we coudlnt make much difference . My gun shoots straight , but not much more than 700 f/s . I have not played much with it since then , just concentrate on trying to shoot straighter !