Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HFT rules

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default HFT rules

Take a look at at these, what do you want to change?

Hunter Field Target
    1) AIRGUNS
    Open to any single shot or multi shot sporting spring powered air rifle (no PCP/ CO2). The rifle must be fitted with a non-adjustable stock (the fitting of an adjustable butt pad is acceptable). A rifle sling is permitted as a means of steadying the aim. The use of bipods, monopods or crossed sticks for supporting the rifle while taking a shot is allowed.
    2) SIGHTS
    Any form of sighting system may be used, however telescopic sights are restricted to a maximum of 12x magnification. No changes may be made to the scope (parallax, windage and elevation turrets) during the shoot. The shooter may alter the magnification (only up to 12x if the scope can go higher) during the shoot. The use of a laser is permitted. The use of separate range finders( electronic or optical) is not allowed.
    3) AMMUNITION
    Any design of pellet that is completely made of lead or lead alloy may be used. Due to the risk from rebounds steel ammunition should not be used.
    4) RANGE OFFICERS
    The club must appoint range officers (R.O.?s) to ensure safe and efficient running of the event. The R.O?s should be clearly identifiable by the use of armbands or high-visibility vests. In the event of target related problems or any other down range problem the R.O. will signal a cease-fire by a single blast on a whistle, horn or similar audible device. An R.O. may request assistance from any person on the firing line to ensure rapid clearance of any problem encountered. When the problem has been rectified, the firing line will be reactivated by a double blast of a whistle or other audible device. R.O.?s shall have absolute discretion in attending to any matter not specifically encompassed by these rules and guidance notes.
    5) MARSHALLING
    The normal marshalling system shall be the ?buddy? type where partners score each other. Normally this will be based on pairs.
    6) TARGETS
    Reactive targets shall be used. In this context the term reactive means that following a successful hit the target will give some visible indication, whereby a change in target profile or fall of the target occurs. The minimum distance for any target shall be 9 metres. The maximum target distance shall be 50 metres.
    7) COURSE OF FIRE
    All shots must be taken from within a designated firing area. The shooter must touch the red peg on the firing line whilst taking the shot (with any body part), no part of the body are allowed to go past the peg towards the target. The use of any natural or artificial objects present within the firing area as a rifle rest is allowed. All targets shall be clearly indicated and shot in designated order, if no numbers are present targets will be shot from left to right.
    In the event of a target being shot out of sequence, the competitor shall forfeit the omitted target, being credited with a ?miss? and resume shooting at the target immediately following it.
    8) SCORING
    Scoring shall be on the basis of:
    Miss ? 0; Hit on silhouette - 1 point; Target reacts (knock down, etc) 2 points.
    9) RANGE CONDUCT
    In the event of a ?cease fire? order, guns will be discharged into the ground, muzzles dropped and actions left in the open position. Targets must not be sighted during a cease-fire. Guns will only be sighted, shouldered or discharged over a recognised firing line. Guns will always be kept un-loaded and un-cocked when not in use.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just wondering how you are going to marshall the fact that you can adjust the mag without ppl going over x12?
    Apart from that it seems okay to me.
    Like it alot.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ja, this also puzzles me. But we cant exclude the guy that has a 24x scope. Come on guys help here!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Tape all scope mag knobs at the start? Some tape like 'go faster' stripes perhaps?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Lewis , not too bad .I would like to see PCP alowed though. What I like about the Brit aproach is that everyone shoota but the prize is won in a draw. The leuge runs but the winner does not take the prize home .That I think will bring the plinkers back to future shoots .I also dont like the Parallax rule.It is used by the Brits but why they do that is anybodies guess.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

still 12fp?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

why the need for 12X max and no parallax rule?????

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Please note that this is open for discussion. We want to start this at our club to get the boys/girls, guys /girls that owns B1's and others to come and shoot. At the moment they are intimidated by our PCP's and massive scopes.
    No power restrictions- if you can handle the springer(recoil) of a 1000fps rifle,good for you.
    Mag - Keeps the cost down.
    Paralax- It is more fun

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree .

We have to get the Joe Public to come along with his springer & shoot , again & again .

Not turn up once , see all the big scopes & expensive kit , & run for his life .

I'm very much in favour of HFT

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Why not allow all rifles with divisions, ie springer, PCP/Co2, scoped/ unscoped??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Absolutely .

Have a whole batch of classes ,
    springer / open sight
    springer / optic sight
    PCP
    youths - under 16
    junior - 17 to 23
    open - 24 to 40
    Senior - 41 to 49
    Veteran - 50 to 60
    Master - 60 plus

At comps , prizes only when more than 5 per class , so expenses are kept to a minimum .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thats all very good.............if everyone shoots B1's.
    max distance to 50m.............are b1's capable of consistently hitting the target (the rabbit, biggest of them all) at that distance giving perfect conditions???

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Differant classes- Had 2 adults at my range, when they saw our gear they didn't even want to take their rifles out of the car and left after a 10min chat. I want to avoid this.
    The guy will start with his B1 and later get a better rifle when he can affordit. By getting and keeping him at the range he is of the"streets" shooting at everything that moves.

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Lewis,

You have a fair point, I have all sorts at my range, the trick is encouragement and providing a chalangeing shooting for all different air rifles. I have some shooters that are far better with thier spring guns than some PCP shooters!!

I know its not easy, it is up to all club members to encourage new commers, don't look down on some one with a B2/ Ultratec etc as give them time in the sport and they will be wippin' your A$$.

In the UK many HFT shoots encourage thier club members to offer thier guns out on lone, buddy up and let some one shoot with you!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

with the lynx even on 10 you can hardly see anything if the paralax is off by much will just see a black blur