Thread: The ISP Airstream

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Default The ISP Airstream

On Saturday I have finally managed to acquire one of the superbly engineered ISP Airstream FT rifles. These are a hand built special created by a craftsman called Sean Hill of ISP air rifles.

The airstream design dates back to the late 1980's/early 90's and was the first field pcp to use a side lever cocking system. All aspects of the Airstream are over engineered making this a seriously tough and reliable rifle that not only looks good but is absolutley superb to shoot as well. The firing cycle on this rifle is incredibly quick and in a quick test on Sunday, in well less than perfect conditions of gusty wind showed tremendous accuracy.

I am really looking forward to giving this rifle a full evaluation when conditions improve.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale,
    Cheers with your new toy. Very nice. Hope you have an enjoyable time with it.
    Last edited by gerrief; 10-11-08 at 10:27.

Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

User Info Menu

Very nice looking, is it regulated?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Piet,

Yes regulated action about 125 shots from 200Bar fill - the tube is smaller than it looks it is 30mm O/D with 2.5mm wall thickness so that is actually a very good return considering available air volume. It has a hand built true two stage trigger that gives a trigger pull of match grade quality - light, crisp, precise and reliable. Lock time as good if not better than the 10m derivative raceguns. The stock is a simple design yet feels right for FT - the stock was made by Ivan Hill the father of Sean who built the action. This rifle I believe dates from about 1994.

Although I have not had much range time with the rifle yet, I would go as far to say this feels to me to be the best pre-charged rifle I have ever used - it is just a pity there are so few in existence - less than 20 I believe.
    Last edited by Dale; 10-11-08 at 12:44.