Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Highway Provincial

  1. #1
    Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

    User Info Menu

    Default Highway Provincial

    Thanks to Andre, Michael and his team for a very nice shoot. Some nice tricky long range shots across the creek in the ever changing swirling wind.

    I also enjoyed it a lot when the misty rain (Natal kieza) came down. It was a revelation to see how well my new scopes performed in such rainy, bad light conditions. Andre shot with my Walther, that also have a new Nikko on, and he was full of praise for its consistancy, and accuracy.

    I am also glad to report that my new factory Steyr did very well on his first outing. It confirms what I have always said. Most, if not all good PCP's are equily accurate, the scope on it, is the biggest factor, to determine how successfull it could be used.

    Where were the normal support from the GP guy's? It was only me and Deon that went down for the shoot.

    We had a lovely weekend, at my brothers, with his birthday party on the Friday evening, and a whole day's Bass fishing on Albertfalls dam, from boats, on the Saturday. My brother paired Deon with the current no1 Bass fisher in Natal, and Protea angler, Mac Mc Kenzie on his super duper Bass boat, and I went with by boet, on his boat.

    I must congratulate Deon for catching the biggest fish of the day, although he was lucky that I lost a big mamma, that would have won the day. They say that I striked like a lady, and therefore did not get a good hookset.

    Thanks for a nice weekend Deon.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

    User Info Menu

    Default

    [IMG] [IMG]

    [IMG]] [IMG]
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

    User Info Menu

    Default

    shame Piet, my koi are bigger than that
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

    User Info Menu

    Default

    For Deon it is a monster. He took 3hrs to land it.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hoekom so lank? Was sy skoene soos gewoonlik " met n Brandewyn asem" weer glad gewees dat hy so val, val die vis aan gekeer het.

    Ha! Ha! said the Clown!!!
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

    User Info Menu

    Default

    hehe!
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Protea FT Team '08

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Skiet View Post
    Thanks to Andre, Michael and his team for a very nice shoot. Some nice tricky long range shots across the creek in the ever changing swirling wind.

    I also enjoyed it a lot when the misty rain (Natal kieza) came down. It was a revelation to see how well my new scopes performed in such rainy, bad light conditions. Andre shot with my Walther, that also have a new Nikko on, and he was full of praise for its consistancy, and accuracy.

    I am also glad to report that my new factory Steyr did very well on his first outing. It confirms what I have always said. Most, if not all good PCP's are equily accurate, the scope on it, is the biggest factor, to determine how successfull it could be used.

    Where were the normal support from the GP guy's? It was only me and Deon that went down for the shoot.

    We had a lovely weekend, at my brothers, with his birthday party on the Friday evening, and a whole day's Bass fishing on Albertfalls dam, from boats, on the Saturday. My brother paired Deon with the current no1 Bass fisher in Natal, and Protea angler, Mac Mc Kenzie on his super duper Bass boat, and I went with by boet, on his boat.

    I must congratulate Deon for catching the biggest fish of the day, although he was lucky that I lost a big mamma, that would have won the day. They say that I striked like a lady, and therefore did not get a good hookset.

    Thanks for a nice weekend Deon.
    Piet to be honest with you I did not know about it.

    I would have hoped they put the information out there . There is always a next time .

    I take it the 2 GP BAD BOYS took first and last
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Is Deon getting a BOEPIE..... Or is he just pregnant....
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post

    I take it the 2 GP BAD BOYS took first and last
    What do you mean "Bad Boys", we are the "soetste" boys from GP

    What the scores are concerned, lets just say, "mission accheved"
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Protea FT Team '08

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Skiet View Post
    What do you mean "Bad Boys", we are the "soetste" boys from GP

    What the scores are concerned, lets just say, "mission accheved"
    The hunt for 100% You sneaky "BAD BOYS "
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    As you Gautengers may not know, here in the last outpost it's considered good manners to let the visitors win!

    Had my nephew and sons friend shooting with springers, first time shooters, one with a Gamo break barrel and the other with a B2. Think the bloke with the B2 and open sights droped 5 or 6 targets. Needless to say they are both hooked big time. My son Rory also said he had a real good time.

    My nephew has seen my S400 with a Nikko Stirling 24x scope before and thought it the ultimate, but after seeing the top boys race guns he's no longer so impressed with my set up!

    Many thanks all.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Protea FT Team '07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13
    National FT Champ '09/'13

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Mac, I was watching your son shooting his Hornet very effectively. Nice rifle. Yes the lads with the springers were enjoying thenselves big time, and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

    I think we must impose a pennalty of at least 5 shots per shoot on Deon, for intimidating everybody with his nice bling thing. It must be the best looking racegun in SA.
    Last edited by Piet Skiet; 18-11-08 at 06:18.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kleinkoppi View Post
    Is Deon getting a BOEPIE..... Or is he just pregnant....
    Ek't self gewonner wie's daai boepens met die gesteelde Ferrari hemp..
    As hy en Piet n tent gedeel het bly die laaste vraag ook oop.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  14. #14
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    DSF,
    Jy krap nou waar daar nie jeukery is nie maar 'n neukery kan afgee.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  15. #15
    Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

    User Info Menu

    Default

    SAFTAA site updated
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. NOTICE: Highway Airgun Club KZN
    By Drewton in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 15-07-18, 17:16
  2. The Highway Mail is on a mission - again
    By acrooney in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-07-11, 18:40
  3. KZN: Highway 2008-05-25
    By tomcat in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 28-05-08, 20:55
  4. KZN: Highway 2008-05-25
    By tomcat in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 25-05-08, 23:53
  5. Highway AC 1st Provincial shoot 5th March 2006
    By urabus in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-03-06, 00:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA