Thread: 12 Ft/lb

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Default 12 Ft/lb

Has anybody noticed a change in their weapon chrono on the Reef and at the coast?I was shown some intersting calculations and it would seem that the air on the reef is 20%lighter than the air at the coast. This leads me to think that up on the Reef a standard 12 Ft/lb gun out the box will most likely be overpowered .It would also change your POI. Those who have shot on the Reef and at the coast , have you noticed this ? this is also why some of us are not happy with Chairgun.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

The differance in velocity is not that much. Chairgun is can only be as good as the guy programming it, there is a function for cahanging the temp and other factors.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Havent been to the coast to shoot but the difference in the weight of air is'nt very much. Usually calculated @ 15lbs psi at sea level with a logarithmic change in pressure the higher you go, ie heavy down here, light up there which is why jets cant fly much higher than 10kms, there's not enough of it to compress in the engines, phut, phut. So a few grams extra down at the coast shouldnt make too much difference, I would think the water content would affect the shot more. Any Meteorologists on the forum?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

EV, 300-400 pellets tru it.......

29 may @durban - ave. 800fps with AAF
    03 june @sasolburg - ave. 825fps with AAF

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It must have the Durban attitude, really cant be bothered to do 825, should be on the beach instead...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

it's set @ 785fps (sea level) now........will check @ wolwehoek this weekend.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

How much did your POI change?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i didn't check the poi @ 825, adj down to 775 straight away. can't be sure about poi change.....as it was a bit of a mess up.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Urabus , thanx for your input. Just goes to show theory does not = true life events.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Brain: Can you imagine then just how low it would shoot in Cape Town then?