Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaking air from air gun?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default leaking air from air gun?

refilled the bam on friday to 1.9bar then keep it in the box. but when i took it out today and found it has droped to 0.9bar. where is that 1 bar gone to?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

leaked out...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

is this normal? or should i have it fixed?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Get it fixed. It can just be an O ring that is leaking. A guy from Durban's gun had the same problem at the ft nationals. Eventually something blew apart (Urabus can maybe give more details) and his gun was useless.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

the same thing (as hugo, at the nationals) happened to my bam as well. now i think about it, in both cases the BAM was filled from a "fully charged" 300 bar 10l bottle.........i think what happend was the pressure was just too much, and it pushed the valve open so far/quickly that it some how got stuck and puch the filter off...................to fix my, i dumped the air, reset the valve/filter and smear a bit of silicon grease on the seals/o-rings. no problem since, and that was about 3-4 months ago.

i gave hugo the same instructions...........it didn't fix the problem then, but afaik, it's fixed now. perhaps Warrick can share some light on this........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i did put a steel washer between the valve and filter. so i think the filter still there and not yet been shoot right thru.

the air leaking seems so slow. took 3 days to drop the pressure. i will test it again and see what happen.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Jun 21 2005, 09:37PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You lost 1 bar in three days?
    Is that a typo Boondock?
    I wouldn't even worry about the loss if it's not.

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi guys, air may leak on the bam from to places in particular (if the whole gun has not been dismantled, then it could be leaking all over the place), from the filler valve end if there is no washer in place, as the valve gets stuck in the filter housing. The other place is the firing valv oring, do not attemp to do this one your self.
    I am reparing a bam now that the owner has attempted to press the Firing valve, what a mess!! The valve body is alu and has been gouged, there was so much oil in the gun the valve was black, most of the screws and gub screws are threaded etc etc.

If you have problem with your BAM send it back to Ramrod (I know this sucks), rather let them pay for the repair than them eventually charge you when the gun stops working all together.

I have been shooting my BAM for over a year and apart from replaceing 1 oring have had no problems (to busy working on other rifles to fiddle on mine I suppose).

Bottom line "if it aint broke don't try fix it" and if it is get the importer to pay for the repair!

ice's Avatar ice

Hi Boondock, i think the pressure on valve from 1.9 bar is too little to keep valve shut. Try storing it fully charged.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sorry. typing error... the correct info: it was on 190bar, after 3 days drop to 90bar.

1 bar missing ... gees... what i was thinking?

ice's Avatar ice

Thought your were splitting hairs about losing 1 bar in 3 days, but 100 bar - that's alot, maybe the guys have a point, send it back for repairs and use the Talon in mean time.

When can we test the "open range" near you?

Cheers

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ice, maybe on this sunday. give me ur number and i will call u.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Tried the Bam for size this weekend .I liked it .Bam is for a big person.I saw what you guys mean a bit rough .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

My BAM is also leaking air. Except that it is a great rifle worth every cent I paid for it. It is a big rifle and I have removed the recoil pad and replaced it with some carpet while I ponder on a new thin recoil pad.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I would suggest cutting off at least 1 to 1 1/2 inch off the back and reshaping the cheekpiece..surely they don't have such long arms in China??