Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Etiket op skietbaan.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '13

User Info Menu

Default Etiket op skietbaan.

hi ouens!ek weet nie van julle nie maar ek dink om akkuraat te skiet verg heelwat konsentrasie.ek skiet nog nie lank nie maar tydens kompetisies vind ek dit onvanpas as mense praat en grappies maak terwyl jy probeer die killzone tref.op n gholfbaan is dit taboe.

Protea FT Team '09/'10

User Info Menu

Deon you are 100%, and looking back i thibk that many of us, myself included are probably guilty of this at some stage. I think that at our next shoots we will need address this issue. Some of us just get a bit excited and forget about the guy shooting, my applogies if i was one of them.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '13

User Info Menu

thnx Curt.im not pointing fingers.this is something that happens at every shoot.i wonder what happenend to good sportmanship.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

So we are not allowed to flick blackjacks at the guy while he is shooting?

Damn. There goes the fun!

Protea FT Team '10/'13

User Info Menu

dmx, i know what you refering to as i missed two shots due to that exact same think. It is very distracting. You as the shooter really try your best to ignore it, many that have shot with me, knows that i do not respond to any comments while i am shooting until after the 3 shots, this is an attempt from my side not to get into a conversation while shooting, but sometimes that does not work either.

I know i am guilty as well where I try to encourage guys with a "great shot Koos", but i realise that this is exactly what i try to ignore myself.

thanks for this interesting thread dmx.

how does the other guys feel?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you get distracted by people talking and making jokes whilst you are shooting don't go to England for a shoot!

Protea FT Team '10/'13

User Info Menu

why, what happening there ?

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I have to say I think its part of the sport.Sure if you are doing it to distract the other person thats not on.Some guys dont like it at all and others could not be bothered.

If you dont like it , it is in your best interest to tell your shooting partner(s) right from the start.

Rest in Peace Mike 05/12/2014

User Info Menu

In FT competition light banter is part of gamesmanship, do'nt let the other guys get to you because that is their intention.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

MMP,
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you AGAIN!! At any competition in the shooting fraternity it is extremely bad manners to talk on somebodies hand. I have moaned and groaned before about one FT club where it is more the norm than the exception for the youngsters to run around and chase each other while somebody tries to shoot. Those youngsters grow up to do that at other shooting ranges and then get into trouble or disqualified for there trouble. (I suggest that their gredo should change from the current to: "Shut up and shoot! ") Would the 10m,BR,3P shots like it if somebody does that? I think not. Why should it be acceptable at a FT competition only?
    Last edited by gerrief; 02-12-08 at 09:02.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Now I know why the Olympic shooters miss a target 10m away with the best equipment and indoors, what with all those people, cameras, flags etc.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

hehe.. very interesting thread. I am guilty as charged as well.. then again everyone I have shot with generally fall into the same band.. I feel, and this is my opinion, if you dont like it tell your shooting partners. I like it. How many times saturday did I line up a shot and then burst out laughing from something said. And I dont hold it against my partners. They get the same medicine. It keeps the shoot interesting and makes the time spent not time alone but rather time spent with friends. Granted, If I go shoot nationals or worlds I may feel different about it, but shooting Airrifle for me is as much a social event as it is a competition. I shoot because I enjoy it and I enjoy the company. Going to a shoot and feeling like you sit in church is not fun - there have been times. That said I dont joke when others are not partaking. So in short yes, there are do and donts but I think this really depends on your shooting partners. And at the end of the day, I feel that if I can make the shot with that added handicap, then I am just that little more prepared to not let the environmental conditions affect my shooting. Again just my opinion. Respect the wishes of others on the team. But dish out a joke at the "right" time and you will get the same medicine.
    Last edited by JTK; 02-12-08 at 09:55.

Protea FT Team '10

User Info Menu

This is something that has been bugging me for a long time as well. Sometimes its your own shooting group and more often than not, its others who are waiting to shoot the lane after you. I must admit that I too have been guilty of talking while walking past someone shooting, however as soon as I realise that the person is on the firing line I shut up or tone down.

I think many people get caught up with the excitement on the day and do it unintentionally, however there are some people that just dont know better.....for eg. Someone once decided to ask me a question about my new rifle as I was sitting at the firing line waiting to pull the trigger at a provincial shoot.......

There was also a case where there were two shooters standing about a metre behind me having a merry conversation about a braai they attended the night before while I was taking the first of three shots in a standing lane. When I missed the first target, one had the audacity to ask me what went wrong. Now how do you pull yourself together and still focus on the next two targets in the lane, within the time limit with such distractions and obviously being upset firstly after missing the first shot and secondly with the two shooters standing and talking behind you……......

I think this issue should be emphasised more at the briefing before the shoot. While we always mention that “shooters should not be distracted while on the firing line”, I don’t think that people fully understand how distracting background conversations can be…….
    Last edited by Gary G; 02-12-08 at 10:29.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ja nee ek stem, geen toeskouers, geen kinders, skiet bane moet 20m uit mekaar wees om nie die ander skuts he hoor nie as hul skiet nie, skiet plek moet so gelee wees dat daar geen geraas is nie, geen vliegtuie, geen voels en ander wilde diere was raas, en al die skuts moet knaldempers op hul windgewere he, selfs die baanbeampte moet die fluitjie sagies blaas om nie teraas nie.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Ja nee ek stem, geen toeskouers, geen kinders, skiet bane moet 20m uit mekaar wees om nie die ander skuts he hoor nie as hul skiet nie, skiet plek moet so gelee wees dat daar geen geraas is nie, geen vliegtuie, geen voels en ander wilde diere was raas, en al die skuts moet knaldempers op hul windgewere he, selfs die baanbeampte moet die fluitjie sagies blaas om nie teraas nie.