Thread: eBay

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default eBay

Has anyone here ever bought anything off of eBay? Not even airgun stuff, anything really.
    Seen a few things I would like to bid on but never done this kind of thing before.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As I understand , e'bay does not allow anything to do with firearms of any sort .
    I've also never bothered , although I hear success stories from others .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Be carefull of e-bay. Mostly crap on there.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

They don't allow firearms, but people have found ways around it. Like they show a picture of a scope on a S410, say that only the scope is for sale, but the price is really astronomical. Then when you contact the seller he will inform you that it includes the rifle for 'free'.

Also seen alot of pellets, mounts, bolts etc for sale on there.
    Noticed there are 3 ways of paying, one being PayPal - which as South Africans we aren't allowed to use. The other is bank deposit, I forget the last option now though. Too early in the morning.

Still a weary of eBay though.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

While ther is some crap on ebay it is also possible to pick up some decent bits of kit. Although firearms themselves are not allowed as vion rightly says some people have found ways of skirting that in respect of airguns.

Probably the most intereasting stuff is some of the accessories available such as scopes that can be picked up for reasonable money.

While I have not personally used ebay quite a few of my friends have purchased items from it successfully, the items in question have always turned up promptly and been as described. As with anything of this nature there is still a case of "caveat emptor" (if my latin is correct).

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Still I wonder if I'll get ripped off. Perhaps I should just buy something with disposable money. lol

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The ture story about the market reality :

A Columbia drug lord wants buy a second hand submarine from Russia for under water drug trafficing. a few days later, his connection from Russia come back to him with detailed price and specs. also asked drug lord if he want that submarine come with the nuclear warhead...
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu Jun 23 2005, 02:33PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Heard the best on Radio 5 this afternoon. UK dj on a late night radio show was interviewing a gorgeous model. Said to her he will leave his wife & 2 children for her. Wife was listening and immediately posted his car (registered in her name) on E-Bay. The fancy car was sold in under 5 min for great price of R 1.
    Yes one rand.
    Ok so there are bargains on E-bay!!!!