Thread: Realtree Hunter

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Realtree Hunter

People, I'm looking for some info on a Gamo Realtree Hunter. I know that two models were made by Gamo and both have been discontinued. One was based on the Hunter 440 and had a wooden stock with the Realtree Camo pattern impregnated on the wood. The other one was based on the Shadow 1000 and has a plastic stock with the Realtree pattern. I have the latter. Does anyone have one of the wooden stocked Realtree Hunter's and would anybody be interested in selling it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Does anybody know anything about the Realtree Hunters. Anybody............. realy, Anybody.................

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ou Van I've got a Gamo Hunter 440, which is essentially the same as the Gamo Realtree Hunter, it just a plain beech stock instead of the camo version. I had a review of the Gamo Realtree Hunter in an old magazine but I think I've thrown it out. But I remember they wern't too complementary of it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dave, I'm not complementary of any Gamo breakbarrels either. The fixed barrel ones are the exception (CFX-Tupperware, CFX-Royal and CF-30 and 20, with better triggers). As a hobby, I collect Gamo rifles, especially the discontinued models. I hardly ever shoot the break-barrel ones, but I will shoot a mynah if it gets to within 25m. The Realtree Hunter (440 based one) will be nice to add to my collection. I also have a beech stock 440. You can shoot them semi-accurately, but it takes a lot of practice.