Thread: More pellet tests

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default More pellet tests

Here's some more pellet testing. And I know I'm going to be taken out big time by some of you guys. So before you start on how it's not politically corect, or how I should have used Coke cans or another rifle/distance/time of day/temperature etc, I had fun doing it all the same.

It doesn't really prove or disprove anything and I'm not claiming that it is a valid balistic test, I just though I'd share it. I have to say that it does look as though the Expander does expand somewhat. All cans were filled with water and were shot at 15m with my CFX Royal, and I tried to hit as close as possible to the Schweppes logo.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hope those were the "mixes", otherwise there are a lot off pointless trips to the nearest bush.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you want to check for expantion. Shoot into ordinary Prestic. I know it stops the pellet faster than real flesh would, but it catches pellets perfectly with no mess and nothing to clean up after shooting indoors. The hollowpoint and flathead pellets mushroom perfectly. Prestic stops a .22LR hollowpoint bullet at 1300fps in only about
    15 cm, If I remember correctly, preserving a perfectly expanded bullet. and its re-usable many times. I've used the same piece for almost a year now. I just remove old pellets if it is shot full of pellet. No chances of any ricochets.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That sounds like a brilliant idea. Any ideas and the penetration ratio between presstic and Flesh.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

No idea. I know my pellets of my Anxor penetrates about 3 to 3.5 cm depending on the type op pellet used, while they all penetrate doves, the hollowpoints includes. Perhaps 7 cm of flesh? I dont know the physicall sizes of doves.

What is really neat about using prestic is that when shooting at lets say 10 meters with JSB's you shoot all pellets in one hole. You get one big lump of lead where each pellet perfectly goes into the back of the previous pellet. It all stays intact when shooting into prestic. Then you must see how a non-hollowpoint pellet expands with some help from behind!! I've shot an 8 shot grouping like that and keeps the "result". Its impressive.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Van dit lyk of jy lekker sports met die oefening gehad het!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ja, gelukkig het ek net 19 pellets getoets anders sou ek darem erg gesuip gewees het.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Weer spam.