Thread: BSA Essencial

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default BSA Essencial

Does anybody have any experience with BSA essencial scopes. I bought a 4-12x44AO at the local gun shop. They were obviously sitting there for a long time and were covered with dust and the sticker was faded. The price on the sticker was R610-00, and that's what I paid. It's been living on my CFX Royal now for 1000 shots with two piece mounts and is still 100%. The other day I noticed that they had a couple more on the shelf and also a 3-9X42AO and I'm wondering if anybody has any long term experience with them. They are supposedly airgun rated acconding to the BSA UK website.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

They are AR rated but I don't think they are springer rated. Please keep us posted how it goes with your scope.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes, my CFX is on about 2500 shots, so it will be interesting to whether the spring or the scope goes first.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't know if they're spring rated, but I got the 3-9AO after extensive comparing to similar offerings, like Nikko Stirling, Generic, Ultraoptic, etc. I think these Essential BSA's are one of the clearest scope's below 1K you can get. Also, field-of-view seemed better than other scopes at "same" zoom levels.

W.R.T entry-level springer-rated scopes I'd stick with the tried and tested Airkings. They're only expensive if you've bought something else which fails, convincing you to buy an Airking in the first place.
    Last edited by blankster; 06-12-08 at 21:27.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I've also got one of those BSA's on my cz200. Scope has great clarity. Must say, one of my favourites.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have 2 BSA Essencials 4-12x44. I put one on my HW90 and it started rattling after maybe 100 shots. I use the other on my CFX sometimes.

Regards,
    Carl