Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Shot Magazine for S400 classic

Rest In Peace Gerrit 13-04-2012

User Info Menu

Default Multi-Shot Magazine for S400 classic

hi all
    i'm on the lookout for a magezine for my s400 classic,wasn't much interested untill now surfed a bit and got to this http://www.rowanengineering.com
    got a few options in the pipeline but first want to see if someone stock's anything like it localy or have something similar localy
    thanks & regards

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't think you are going to get anything produced or stocked locally. I've bought two of these mags online from RowanEngineering a while ago and are very happy with the both the service and product. I use mine everytime I shoot - keep in mind that they do not work for all types of pellets (pildrivers for example will not fit).

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It doesn't look like they are self-indexing? Do you have to index them by hand Joggie? Is it easy/smooth to do? If one is in a rush while doing it, is it possible to index incorrectly, resulting in the pin not pushing the pellet correctly?
    Last edited by ActionMan; 09-12-08 at 11:45.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ActionMan you have PM

User Info Menu

Thanks Joggie for the heads-upp on the type of pellet

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No man, ActionMan, tell all of us. We might be in the market for that as well.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ja please. Is it a worthwhile mod, and how much will it set you back?

Protea FT Team '12

User Info Menu

I checked out a video on their website about the mag setup. Very nicely built , but not self indexing. The S400 does not have a mechanism to index a mag. Still looks easy enough to operate. Don't have to fiddle to get a pellet loaded when in an awkward position.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Will it fit and index in the 410 then.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sorry Gerrie, I sent ActionMan a PM and should have answered him on this thread instead. This was my reply to him:

No, it is manually indexed (by hand). It is easy to opperate. There is a spring-loaded ball bearing that helps with the indexing (you feel it "click" if you turn/index the mag.) I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Yes it is possible to turn it to stop between two slots, that will result in you not being able to push the loading pin forward.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I would happily recommend the Rowan mag and have had no trouble with mine at all. It won't fit on the S410. I also have the Rowan hamster which Im also very happy with (despite having to drill a hole in the stock to fit it) There is a recessed magnetic tray in the hamster which holds a magazine.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Joggi and Gibbs.

User Info Menu

To Joggie & Gibbs
    so you airgunner's would recomend this product,may i ask...did you just order like normal over the internet & paid vi credit card & what was the cost involved
    thanks i think this is the way to go

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes, I ordered over the internet and paid via credit card. I can not recall the cost (it was more than a year ago). I had excellent service from Rowan.
    Last edited by joggier; 10-12-08 at 13:01.

User Info Menu

thanks Joggie
    sorry for al the questions,but there is no drilling when fitting the bracket/holder for the magezine on the rifle?on the looks of the pics it looks like it clamps on the same sleeve/shoulder as the scope mounts do,i see they also require the hight for each s400 for the bracket/holder/clip, strange that they differ but they do,here is a clip i found from how it operates
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI0LagT39sI