Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther Hatsan?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Walther Hatsan?

Has anyone noticed that Umarex USA is marketing Hatsan 125 rifles under the Walther name, called a Walther Talon Magnum in .177 and the Falcon Hunter in .22 and .25?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Umarex have no shame. Remember the Walther 1250 "Dominator"? I think they've done the same with the hammerli brand too. That's the nice thing about the internet. People are learning quickly not to fall for dubious marketing strategies like this. It's just sad, cause same bright eyed uninformed person will end up buying one of these "Walther"'s with his hard earned cash, only to be disappointed later when they realize they've essentially bought a "fake". It's like Chana cars being branded as Merc's and sold accordingly.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That is why these forums are so great,in the past year I have learnt so much on them that I hopefully will never fall for any of these tricks.If in doubt just post a thread and get some help.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Beeman is another one. You can either get anything from an Industry Brand to a Weihrauch with the Beeman name.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This can't bode well for Walther as a brand...

Where they could be building a brand synonomous with german engineering and craftmanship, by puting thier name on good, reliable and accurate guns (which I belive the Dommi owners will attest to), they are diluting it by sticking on cheap turkish CR@P!

I wonder if thier current marketing guys are in bussiness to make a quick buck (By exploiting the brand equity built by thier Olympic/Match rifles) , and forgetting about the long term.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

HI OU
    CHECKED A STORE IN DURBS WITH WINCHESTER AIR REIFLE MADE IN TURKEY WITH EVERYTHING HATSAN STAMP SIGHTS AND ALL.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Yes winchester is made by hatsan.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I could have been a good thing, if say Walther enforced their standards on Hatsan. But the reverse always seems to happen. The crap quality product usually drags the good name down.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The obvious observation is that Walther have taken a Hatsan and slapped their name on it.... right?? I just cant believe that a German company with high standards would do such a thing.

Im sure Walther would have done their due diligence exercises, licencing agreements and put in a rigerous QA process before they signed on the bottom line. I think what is needed is some long term testing with these rifles. Shooting your mates Hatsan for 10 mins on a Saturday afternoon (for example) should not qualify as a proper test. By everyones account, a rifles takes at least 1000 pellets to settle down.

Im not saying that Hatsan 125 / Walther Hunter is a good rifle and I am not saying it is bad, but lets have some long term facts and figures before we write it off.

btw... yes, I own a Hatsan and it hasnt given me a days trouble (maybe Im just not that much of a demanding user )

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This is exactly what were hoping for. If Walther upped the quality, it would be great. And as you may have seen in previous posts, my Hatsan 125 has been my biggest air rifle surprize. I've shot way over 1000 pellets through it and is hasn't given me any trouble either, and it's accurate on top of that (with the right ammo). Mine is one of the later generation ones. I think the earlier ones were quite bad.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ou Van, I got one of the newer models as well. It is accurate and has a nice amount of power. Must agree with you about the HW97K though - what a rifle!! dont suppose Santa in the air rifle business by any chance

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

My oppinion on all the "sub classed brands" as they are referred to in a less abusive term is the only really bad part on all of them is the trigger.

I like my cheapy rifles and could shoot match sticks on 8m with a Chinese Industries B4 and it's crude iron sights. It was a cheap rifle and finishing but accurate like all my other rifles. It had loads of power to spare and was still going strong after 3000 pellets. It's now somewhere in the family as a kids toy [under supervision] still no problems apart from the under lever clip that the kids managed to break. Was cheap fabrication and going again.

All that said if you take a cheap rifle and give it a proper trigger you will have serious competition for rifles 10x the price. I paid R250 for my refurbished B4 and I was very content with it. I'll get one again no question.

Don't knock cheap rifles. Many people on this forum own them. Just because you can offord really expensive gear you don't get the right to diss another man's toys.

I do think it's unethical to take the same rifle, update some cosmetics and put another label on it to try and swindle people to believe it's as good as anything compared with the expensive label. That said if I could fit my HW97K's trigger mech to a B4 and have it work as precise I'll sell the HW fast. But who are we kidding. That's why you have different grades/models of rifles for different needs/tastes.

Go piss in your own glass of wine before you do it to someone elses because you reckon you have better toys and are a cut above the rest.
    Last edited by knormoer; 15-12-08 at 12:28.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Knormoer,
    I can see why you chose a name like yours. You are not allowed to pick fights on this forum without my express permission!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Pls Gerrief may I?

I was not picking a fight to be honest. This slagging rifles is crap because it's x brand is getting tired. We all know you get what you pay for in quite a few brands. It seems to be more acceptable recently to slag cheaper brands because someone's taste/budget differs.

I will voice my dismay at such comments. Hopefully without hurting anyone's feelings.

Off the topic. 'n Knormoer is daai slinger wat hulle die baie ou motors mee aan die gang gedraai het. Dis nie blaf en slaan nie

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by knormoer View Post
    My oppinion on all the "sub classed brands" as they are referred to in a less abusive term is the only really bad part on all of them is the trigger.

I like my cheapy rifles and could shoot match sticks on 8m with a Chinese Industries B4 and it's crude iron sights. It was a cheap rifle and finishing but accurate like all my other rifles. It had loads of power to spare and was still going strong after 3000 pellets. It's now somewhere in the family as a kids toy [under supervision] still no problems apart from the under lever clip that the kids managed to break. Was cheap fabrication and going again.

All that said if you take a cheap rifle and give it a proper trigger you will have serious competition for rifles 10x the price. I paid R250 for my refurbished B4 and I was very content with it. I'll get one again no question.

Don't knock cheap rifles. Many people on this forum own them. Just because you can offord really expensive gear you don't get the right to diss another man's toys.

I do think it's unethical to take the same rifle, update some cosmetics and put another label on it to try and swindle people to believe it's as good as anything compared with the expensive label. That said if I could fit my HW97K's trigger mech to a B4 and have it work as precise I'll sell the HW fast. But who are we kidding. That's why you have different grades/models of rifles for different needs/tastes.

Go piss in your own glass of wine before you do it to someone elses because you reckon you have better toys and are a cut above the rest.
    Blah blah blah! Want some cheese with your whine? You're missing the point. Where in this thread have we been dissing chinese airguns? The point is about unethical marketing practices where a marquee's name is being expoited for corporate greed. At least under the original brand like Hatsan or industry brand you get what you pay for and in some cases like the BAM's (40 & 50) and QB78/9 yet get more than what you pay for (well you use to, they've become pricey too). But when you take the same item and slap a traditionally more expensive brand's name on for a quick buck then one is asking for k@k.

So chill, take a pill, and save your rant for a time when it is of more use than just blowing off some steam.