Thread: So I went to pick her up today

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Default So I went to pick her up today

Twangy like a HW out of the box but sweet as hell! She is really pretty and here she resides in some good company. The freeking case is massive! I will shoot her a bit before she will be stripped down. Guido, I may need some of your expert advise on the trigger adjustment. There is some creep on the 2nd stage which I want gone. Scope fits with about 2mm space between objective and reciever yet she is still remarkably easy to load I must say.

Cheers.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So, are you going to shoot FT with it and put some competition to the other SA FT springers?

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

I am contemplating yes. But my 400 is just starting to come into it's own. Will my big nikko survive on there? Anyone with a big nikko on a springer?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

JTK Weihrauch is a boys name...

I use a big Nikko on the TX200HC with the CS1000 stock...holding out very well.

To get rid of the 2nd stage creep you need to adjust the torx screw in front of the trigger mechanism...take the rifle apart..easy to see.

To adjust first stage travel you bend the small metal tab with the hole in it using a screwdriver

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guido, is it advisible to take the trigger appart, polish all the bits and relube it. I asked J.Macarri and he recommended using his moly lube only on the trigger. What do you think?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I would leave the trigger well alone in most cases...HW triggers are very good out of the box and just require minor adjusting.
    A tiny amount of moly on the sear surfaces is good...I would not polish anything unless there is a problem to begin with...polishing sears can be very tricky [and dangerous]

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. me off for a few days. plenty playing in the late afternoons Catch ya later.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nice JTK

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

congrats

REP: Oom A's Airguns

User Info Menu

Put a big scope with a big wheel on it and you will need all the space you can get in that guncase. Got a big Viper wheel on my 6-24 Nikko. Had to get a double shotgun case.
    Enjoy JT, they are wonderful rifles to shoot. Takes a while to get to know each other.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

damn. this hw is sweet. getting better with every shot. taking her with to my folks place up the west coast. See how she likes 40 degrees heat