Thread: Crosman co2?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Crosman co2?

I had a look at this gun on the Sharp edge website does any one know this rifle? Im looking at geting a co2 rifle in the near future (with in the next two or so months, unfortunatly also a limited budget )?looks likehttp://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/co2/AS1077T or http://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/co2/1077 not exactly sure wich one it is.
    Thinking of something in the lines of QB78/79 or the Crosman.
    Last edited by spinner; 08-01-09 at 22:06.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Those rifles are exactly the same, it's only the POWER SOURCE that's different. The AIRSOURCE model with the co2 can on the outside gives you +- 400 shots compared to +-40-50 with the small co2 cannister inside. The AIRSOURCE kit is also available from Sharp Edge at just under R600 including one AIRSOURCE cannister.

They are wonderful little plinkers but not very powerful. I have one fitted with a UltraOptec 2-9x40 scope. Mine used to be very accurate(ragged one holers at 10M) but lately it's more like one inch groups at 10M with lotsa fliers and shots hitting low....I will be sending mine in to Sharp Edge to get checked out as i think the valve has gone ape-shit. Not getting the same amount of co2 for each shot.

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '10

User Info Menu

rust in the barrel due to condensasion? maybe a good scrub?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Tried that....I put my money on the valve or a seal somewhere.....why else would every first shot out of a mag go low?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I only want it for plinking and a bit of target shooting for about 10 - 30 meters.A mynah or a pigeon will be about the largest thing i will shoot.the QB78/79 gets very good reviews but its a ugly gun ( but ive seen the pics of Farmers 78 with the aftermarket stock now thats a good looking gun!) Looks isnt everything I know, reliability is the most important for me .If its just a seal thats wear & tearjust as long as they dont have any mechanical problems. Has the service from SharpEdge improved? Doesnt help you have a nice gun but the backup sucks (im in the HI FI buiness and there is a few brand we dont stock because of their service) No one wants bad service.
    Last edited by spinner; 09-01-09 at 00:06.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have you looked at the Gamo co2 extreem?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Will google it and see what the guys have to say.

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Those Gamo's are 2 expensive with a moerse high running cost as well. Rather get a good springer. The 1077 is crap. It is fun at first, but useless beyond 15m. Hitting a beer can with it at 30m is pure luck.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx I dont want to get something that will give me hassles. Farmer what is your take on the QB78 or 79? Yours looks impressive

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

QB78/79 are stonkingly good little rifles for the money. They are copies of a 1960's Crosman design that unlike the current guns was built to a standard not a price.

The QB's have a lot of scope for fettling to improve them further. May not be the prettiest rifles but solid and capable.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think that makes up my mind on the co2 anyway thanx guys Farmer are you going to import some again? . I don't want to spend more than R1500 on the rifle , I have a spare scope that wil have to do for the meantime,would like to get it end of Feb.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spinner View Post
    I think that makes up my mind on the co2 anyway thanx guys Farmer are you going to import some again? . I don't want to spend more than R1500 on the rifle , I have a spare scope that wil have to do for the meantime,would like to get it end of Feb.
    You can import one yourself
    http://bestairgun.stores.yahoo.net/inbrqbdeco2a.html
    Easy peesy

REP: Oom A's Airguns

User Info Menu

The only service Sharpedge provide is to lighten your wallet.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx Cor ! But if yours is still available at that time ill propably take it, will rather suport forum members its the right thing to do! Moet se hulle advertensie is pragtig net jammer die girls kom nie saam vir 'n persoonlike demonstrasie nie! dammit!!!!
    Last edited by spinner; 10-01-09 at 00:24.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Bought a 1077 with Airsource kit recently - lots of plastic but it seems like okay quality either way and I'm sure it'll last. Do a google search on "Crosman 1077". They've been around forever and got a pretty large cult following elsewhere it seems.

They're pretty cheap as well.